The Open-Air Treatment of PANDEMIC INFLUENZA
The H1N1 “Spanish flu” outbreak of 1918–1919 was the most devastating pandemic on record, killing between 50 million and 100 million people. Should the next influenza pandemic prove equally virulent, there could be more than 300 million deaths globally. The conventional view is that little could have been done to prevent the H1N1 virus from spreading or to treat those infected; however, there is evidence to the contrary. Records from an “open-air” hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, suggest that some patients and staff were spared the worst of the outbreak. A combination of fresh air, sunlight, scrupulous standards of hygiene...

see the rest here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4504358/
I love history of any kind, and this journal article is a gem! To wit:

"Bodington...object[ed] strongly to the use of blistering, bleeding, and the popular purgative drugs of the day as well as the practice of confining patients in warm, badly ventilated rooms to protect them from the supposedly harmful effects of cold air, 'thus forcing them to breathe over and over again the same foul air contaminated with the diseased effluvia of their own persons'.

Bodington had noticed that people who spent their time indoors were susceptible to tuberculosis, whereas those who worked outdoors, such as farmers, shepherds, and plowmen, were usually free of the disease. He reasoned that patients should copy the lifestyles of those who appeared immune to tuberculosis. They should live in well-ventilated houses in the country and spend much of their time outside breathing fresh air.

According to Bodington,

Quote:The application of cold pure air to the interior surface of the lungs is the most powerful sedative that can be applied, and does more to promote the healing of cavities and ulcers of the lungs than any other means that can be employed.

Strongly reminds me of the present day caution against wearing masks for an extended period, as people are now doing. Thanks, SHL.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
I walk home from my hospital job daily through the beautiful yet sultry Florida sunshine and it's cleansing.  I feel like it's a safe and natural way to stay healthy.  On weekends I hike through the woods or read out under a bamboo grove.  The fresh air is healing.  I feel sorry for people who have to be indoors all the time. We were meant to be outdoors.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
The whole lockdown thing seems sort of distance to me since I live pretty much like a hermit already. I guess not much has  changed except the Goodwill stores are closed. The good news is the retail stores are reopening -and- gas prices are down! 

I am looking forward to the workout again..

https://youtu.be/nzPS4tJmwGY?t=249
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!