No more forgiveness
Is Jesus still forgiving during the great tribulation
Petersimon1 Wrote:Is Jesus still forgiving during the great tribulation
Yes.
What's changed?
Edit. Are you referring to the present coronavirus situation?
It mentions in the bible that poeple must wear their guilt during the tribulation (Isiaih 24) and also the daily sacrifice will come to an end.

This is my own interpretation.
So we can still be forgiven ?
(05-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: It mentions in the bible that poeple must wear their guilt during the tribulation (Isiaih 24) and also the daily sacrifice will come to an end.

That doesn't mean forgiveness ends during the tribulation, or at any period before our death or Our Lord's glorious return.  As Catholics, we believe that there is an eternal punishment due for sin but also a temporal one (sorry, I don't know if I'm using the correct technical language for this).  This is what Purgatory is about but also penance in this life.  Isaiah might simply be referring to us suffering temporally for our sins during the, or any, tribulation.

Quote:This is my own interpretation.

This might be the source of your confusion.  We must interpret Scripture with the Church, not on our own.  I don't mean this in a mean-spirited way, I just offer it as some helpful advice for your Scripture studies.

Quote:So we can still be forgiven ?

Yes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(05-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: It mentions in the Bible that people must wear their guilt during the Tribulation (Isaiah 24) and also the daily sacrifice will come to an end.

The "Tribulation" you speak of comes from the Evangelical Protestant sects who believe in the so-called "Rapture". We Catholics don't believe in the "Rapture" and "Great Tribulation".
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 3 users Like HailGilbert's post:
  • jack89, SeekerofChrist, Teresa Agrorum
(05-21-2020, 02:42 PM)HailGilbert Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: It mentions in the Bible that people must wear their guilt during the Tribulation (Isaiah 24) and also the daily sacrifice will come to an end.

The "Tribulation" you speak of comes from the Evangelical Protestant sects who believe in the so-called "Rapture". We Catholics don't believe in the "Rapture" and "Great Tribulation".

Excellent point, too.  I probably shouldn't have used that terminology in my response to Petersimon1.  At any rate, the idea that forgiveness isn't possible in the final days before Our Lord's return is a Protestant notion.  I know at least some who think that anyone who receives the "mark of the beast" will be beyond redemption for the rest of their (short) lives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(05-21-2020, 02:40 PM)Petersimon1 Wrote: So we can still be forgiven ?

I've read similar, the answer is clearly yes, all that's needed is repentance, but that will be the problem, such as those who call the murder of the unborn a 'right' and think there is nothing wrong with sodomy & homosexual unions (saying they were born that way and calling it a human right), this is how the devil works, these people don't even have the possibility of repentance for they are so full of pride, so sure of their errors and evils, they cannot bear the thought that they could be wrong which is why they silence the truth and why repentance and thus forgiveness is not possible for them in such a state of mind.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
Quote:Is Jesus still forgiving during the great tribulation?

Great question. The difficulties inherent in tribulation must be considered and these sometimes include the loss of access to the Sacraments, short term and otherwise. When confession isn't available we lose that blessed assurance of forgiveness, and this fact rightly sobers Catholics--we must always do what is in our power to avoid evil. But it doesn't mean that Our Lord has ceased forgiving sins, as the others have pointed out.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(05-21-2020, 02:42 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: The "Tribulation" you speak of comes from the Evangelical Protestant sects who believe in the so-called "Rapture". We Catholics don't believe in the "Rapture" and "Great Tribulation".

Thanks for clarifying.  I was thinking to myself, "what the heck is the great tribulation?"  Thought I missed something in catechism class.