Trump demands states let churches re-open
WASHINGTON, D.C., May 22, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – President Donald Trump today declared houses of worship “essential places that provide essential services,” saying they should be opened up right away and governors who get in the way will have to answer to him.
                                                  https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/newthread.php?fid=19

I remember some progressive Catholics saying conservative Catholics hold President Trump in much higher regard than the Holy Father and the Bishops. Yeah, pretty much ! I know I do at least.
[-] The following 4 users Like Eric F's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, josh987654321, LionHippo, Teresa Agrorum
I can’t say I do.
[-] The following 2 users Like Birdie's post:
  • ActusFidei313, LionHippo
(05-22-2020, 06:59 PM)Birdie Wrote: I can’t say I do.

If you don't want to go... simple... don't. If they don't want to open their Churches or go to Church, then don't, but how dare they tell other people they can't and yet shops etc are open.

Good on ya Trump. All that's needed is reasonable precautions from the citizenry, if Father washes his hands, I wash my hands beforehand, and we all keep social distancing in the pews we will be fine, the only danger is if the Priest doesn't wait a week between services and especially if they don't self isolate for at least a week when coming from overseas or from high risk areas.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
I meant that I can’t say I hold Trump in higher esteem than the Holy Father.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Hi, Birdie. I thought you meant that you hold the Holy Father's office in higher esteem.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
The office, certainly, but also the man
I pray for the Holy Father more than for politicians--much as they need it, he carries the far larger burden. He also has what the world requires (and refuses to accept).
(05-23-2020, 12:38 PM)Birdie Wrote: I meant that I can’t say I hold Trump in higher esteem than the Holy Father.

Oh okay. The Holy Father is the highest authority on Earth.... Pope Benedict XVI is still alive and Francis is preaching nothing but outright heresy... so I'll have to wait and see how Christ restores His Church. I pray for President Trump, and I pray for the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, especially that these wolves in sheep's clothing within do not succeed.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
I laugh when people say, "Oh, Trump's insincere."  Maybe, maybe not. Are you God that you should know? Bottom line is he stands for what I want to see in this country. I pray he's gonna win in November, because Creepy Joe is a nightmare on wheels. Game over if he wins.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Eric F
Quote:I pray for President Trump, and I pray for the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, especially that these wolves in sheep's clothing within do not succeed.

I do too, although the likelihood that Trump is a Zionist gives me real pause (not to mention the company he has kept). The Democrats have long since showed their hand.

I have no trouble believing political parties would make peace in order to game the system, and I do pray that God will thwart their plans in a most satisfying way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • HailGilbert