Live (May 27th) Coverage of SpaceX Launch from Cape Canaveral
Launch is tentatively set for 4:33 PM EDT. Prayers go with them. This is the first commercial flight into space, ever.

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-...nauts-live
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
If it were sunnier you and I could probably see this from where we are.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Zedta
Looking at the satellite, there may be a window where that could still be a possibility. When I lived in Orlando, you could watch and after a few minutes, hear the launches! At least, the Shuttle launches.

Satellite: https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/index.php?parms=local-Orlando-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • formerbuddhist
No matter what anyone thinks of him, there's just something cool about Elon Musk.
I feel sorry for his latest child. He and his paramour have named their son X Æ A-12. The mother, the 'Canadian singer Grimes', of whom I've never heard, explains it this way,

Quote:X, the unknown variable; Æ, my elven spelling of Ai (love &/or Artificial intelligence); A-12 = precursor to SR-17 (our favorite aircraft). No weapons no defenses, just speed. Great in battle, but non-violent; (A=Archangel, my favorite song).
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
Launch scrubbed due to electrical charges to high in upper atmosphere.

Saturday next window?
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis
Quote:Launch scrubbed.

Oh well. Still history in the making.

Musk is a rocket man in the truest sense. He's really out there. ;-)
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Little Fish, Zedta
(05-27-2020, 04:26 PM)Zedta Wrote: Looking at the satellite, there may be a window where that could still be a possibility. When I lived in Orlando, you could watch and after a few minutes, hear the launches! At least, the Shuttle launches.

Satellite: https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/index.php?parms=local-Orlando-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined
I used to watch them from my grandparents place right on the edge of Canaveral National Seashore.  They had a place where New Smyrna Beach hits the National Seashore. Used to just walk on the beach into the park and watch the shuttles launch.  It was always cool to see. 

I was walking home from work around 430 today but it was way too cloudy I guess.  I swear I saw a shuttle from Gainesville at least once many years ago.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Zedta
(05-27-2020, 08:14 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I was walking home from work around 430 today but it was way too cloudy I guess.  I swear I saw a shuttle from Gainesville at least once many years ago.
Sometimes, depending on the trajectory needed for a mission (and this launch mission was one of these) they need to send the vehicle on a more Northeasterly path, so ya, seeing it up here would have been possible, indeed. I loved watching the night launches too. If it were dark enough and close enough to the launch area, they would even cast a shadow!
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis
Update: Dragon launched without incident and is currently, at this time 3:36 PM EDT, in orbit and the first stage that took them into the edge of space, has successfully reentered and landed on a ship in the Atlantic.

Congratulations!!!
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis