is Leon Bloy a good role model?
Question 
I have started reading "the pilgrim of the Absolute", and so far leon bloy is very similar to me; sometimes grumpy and verbally mean, a suffering man, and a lover of the simply life.
without considering his skills as a novelist, is there any opinions from the priests who knew him about his life as a catholic?
is he a mini-chesterton perhaps?
[-] The following 1 user Likes xsantiagox's post:
  • Blind Horus
I don't consider him a good role model.
I've read part of his book on La Salette and my nerves prevented me from reading everything, for he complains about the man who disliked the river close to Falavaux, the pilgrims at the mountain, depictions of the Sacred Heart, people who don't believe in the apparitions, and go as far as calling the priests of La Salette "soup sellers" and "hostel keepers". Not to mention that he complains that not enough people know about La Salette, yet his own book won't give you a description of the apparitions.

That being said, I prefer to take Our Lord and his saints, who just imitated Him, as role models.
Ite ad Ioseph
(05-30-2020, 08:10 PM)xsantiagox Wrote: I have started reading "the pilgrim of the Absolute", and so far leon bloy is very similar to me; sometimes grumpy and verbally mean, a suffering man, and a lover of the simply life.
without considering his skills as a novelist, is there any opinions from the priests who knew him about his life as a catholic?
is he a mini-chesterton perhaps?

Have not heard of Leon until now. As far as him being a good 'role model', well that is a modern expression and does not really suit an guy like Leon. A good 'Example' may be a more suitable term. And, if I may also add, a man who says things like any Christian who is not a hero is a pig may be just the example the world needs right now. Good luck in all your endeavors.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!