Primacy of conscience and following the Pope
(06-04-2020, 09:59 PM)LionHippo Wrote: From what I have seen, many folks exercise their self-ordained primacy of conscience when they badmouth the Pope and accuse him of heresy, with seemingly no sense of wrong, remorse, or guilt.  They even go so far, without any proper authority or training, to claim that he is not even the Pope, as if these are not sins of the tongue and of slander.  But when someone merely poses a question to ask about an exception to one of the Church's sexual teachings, they call God's angels to swoop down from heaven to stop the discussion in its tracks.  Because apparently, a woman trying to find a way to have sex with her husband without seriously risking her health is somehow a bigger threat to the Faith than a group of Catholics who are disobedient to the Holy Father and accuse him of heresy.

I have to ask LionHippo. Was it wrong for my wife and I to remain chaste during our courtship and engagement? Or should we have had sex because our "lived reality?"
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: Primacy of conscience and following the Pope - by austenbosten - 06-04-2020, 10:15 PM