Tim Gordon Fired for 'Hate Speech'
I'm not a fan of Gordon's, but I'm less of a fan of the whole 'hate speech', victimhood, SJW mentality.

UPDATE: Diocese of Fresno speaks out on Garces teacher’s social media posts
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, Fionnchu
On one hand, the guy knows exactly the position of those who employed him, so he had to have known this would catch up to him at some point.

On the other, the tweets they shared of his are pretty juvenile and are something I myself would have to be investigating if it were one of my employees and it were reported to me. I mean, if the content of these tweets were just plain statements of Catholic dogma or just simple dissent to what's going on, then I could say he's another victim of the progressive establishment.

But all I see from those tweets are Tim Gordon being Tim Gordon: i.e. brash, imprudent and juvenile.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • LionHippo, MagisterMusicae, StHelena
He (or someone) has set up a GoFundMe for him, which has raised $43K+ in one day. I doubt he made that much in a year, teaching.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
One would think Tim would be more cautious in this day and age, with so many children at home. He must have some clue that anything that can be construed as offensive - especially in the midst of nationwide rioting - is going to be punished.

So, probably not a wise choice that he made. But, hopefully his innocent children do not have to suffer for his mistake.
Which is why you don't have Twitter or FB.

But it's ridiculous they fired him...I guess posting anything negative about BLM is a no-no. Despite that they are Marxist, racist, and they desecrate Catholic Churches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian
(06-05-2020, 04:06 PM)Augustinian Wrote: But all I see from those tweets are Tim Gordon being Tim Gordon: i.e. brash, imprudent and juvenile.

I also am no Tim Gordon fan, but if he were fired for standing up for Catholic moral principles, then I'd join that cause.

Problem is he wasn't fired for promoting the Catholic Faith. He was fired because he was publicly being a butt, and when you act like this in public and draw negative attention to your employer, it is no wonder you end up without a job.

Fortunate for Gordon, right now in California you can earn more money out of a job that with one, so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Augustinian
(06-05-2020, 11:30 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Fortunate for Gordon, right now in California you can earn more money out of a job that with one, so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise for him.

Especially if you have a GoFundMe that's raised $45K in two days. I don't think he needs to worry. The average donation to him is $60, which is pretty amazing. Most crowd funding causes rely on $5, $10, & $20 donations.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(06-05-2020, 11:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 11:30 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Fortunate for Gordon, right now in California you can earn more money out of a job that with one, so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise for him.

Especially if you have a GoFundMe that's raised $45K in two days. I don't think he needs to worry. The average donation to him is $60, which is pretty amazing. Most crowd funding causes rely on $5, $10, & $20 donations.

Must be nice to mouth off like a butt and get more than a year's worth of minimum wage in two days!

My poor little SSPX chapel barely makes half of that in collections in a year ... it's fortunate the priest doesn't get a salary, else we'd have closed up shop long ago!
[-] The following 7 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, Joe T, jovan66102, Justin Tertius, SeekerofChrist, VoxClamantis
(06-06-2020, 01:01 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 11:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Especially if you have a GoFundMe that's raised $45K in two days. I don't think he needs to worry. The average donation to him is $60, which is pretty amazing. Most crowd funding causes rely on $5, $10, & $20 donations.

Must be nice to mouth off like a butt and get more than a year's worth of minimum wage in two days!

My poor little SSPX chapel barely makes half of that in collections in a year ... it's fortunate the priest doesn't get a salary, else we'd have closed up shop long ago!

You need to make friends with the likes of Faith Goldy and Michael Knowles who can crowd fund for your cause. ;)

I'm not going to knock Tim Gordon. He has a special-needs child (which is precisely why he should have kept his mouth shut if speaking publicly) and losing his job, he has also lost his medical insurance; and $45k can go "poof" in two hours of a visit to the hospital.
[-] The following 4 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Adventus, antiquarian, Fionnchu, Justin Tertius
It's unfortunate, because if you're "on the right side" you can get away with saying much worse without repercussions. I'm astounded by the stupid and dangerous things that come out of the keyboards of "the right side" these days.

On the other hand, this is exactly why I avoid social media. There are a lot of things that have run through my mind that I would probably regret publishing. It's often better to vent these things in private - a lost art in the 21st century.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, austenbosten