Any Nasal Snuff Fans?
Long story short I always had a hankering to try the old 18th century past time of nasal snuff and found I kind of enjoy it.  There are tons of varieties, many of the tins look classic and it's subtly subversive and old fashioned.  What's not to like?  Anyone else tried it?  Anyone else into it?
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
Years ago, I worked professionally as a tobacconist, selling cigars and pipes and blending pipe tobaccos, etc. When I was interviewing for my first position in the business, the interviewer asked if I smoked a pipe. I replied that I had used tobacco in all but one of the ways man had devised. I had smoked pipes, cigars, and cigarettes, I had chewed leaf, plug, and twist, I had used moist snuff or 'smokeless tobacco', and I had snuffed it up my nose. He shook his head and said I had him beat.

However, dry snuff never became a great favourite. My sneeze reflex is very strong. I generally do not just sneeze once like a proper 17th century gentleman. Once I start sneezing, it may go on for 10 or 15 minutes. It's not pleasant.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Ioannes_L, The Tax Collector
(06-08-2020, 03:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Years ago, I worked professionally as a tobacconist, selling cigars and pipes and blending pipe tobaccos, etc. When I was interviewing for my first position in the business, the interviewer asked if I smoked a pipe. I replied that I had used tobacco in all but one of the ways man had devised. I had smoked pipes, cigars, and cigarettes, I had chewed leaf, plug, and twist, I had used moist snuff or 'smokeless tobacco', and I had snuffed it up my nose. He shook his head and said I had him beat.

However, dry snuff never became a great favourite. My sneeze reflex is very strong. I generally do not just sneeze once like a proper 17th century gentleman. Once I start sneezing, it may go on for 10 or 15 minutes. It's not pleasant.
That's a nice story Jovan. I found I sneezed the first day or two but nothing what you described but it's not for everyone.  

Just found a local tobacco shop down the street where they have some "Railroad Mills Scotch Sweet" so I'm going to pick some up in a few.  

Pipe tobacco was the only other style I enjoyed.  I guess I'm old fashioned.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
Photo 
Nasty habit and an unnatural vice as evidenced by the increase in cancer risk. God created your nose for breathing air, not for snorting drugs.

[Image: PRC_102522961.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]