Hermetic Magick and the dawn of AI gods
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fotherworldmystery.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbor.forbes.com%2Fth...f=1&nofb=1]

I’ve frequently spoken on a book I’ve been reading by Michael Hoffman II, The Occult Renaissance Church of Rome. I will say that it is certainly an important book, with a lot of great insights into how the Church got to the state it is in today. But, there’s also a lot of impious conclusions drawn by the author that can lead to frustration, so while I cautiously recommend reading it, only do so if you have a strong faith, a solid theological and philosophical foundation, and a moderate understanding of Church history.

Within this book I came upon a section where the author explains an aspect of Hermetic magick that made a return during the Renaissance through the writings of Rev. Fr. Marsilio Ficino. Hoffman describes the demonic magic from the Satanic text of Hermes Trismegistus (thrice-great), re-dubbed Asclepius.

Hoffman quotes,
Quote:“Magic comes closest to philosophy...in the famous ‘god-making’ passages of [the text] which show that material objects can be manipulated to draw a god down into a statue and thus ensoul it.”
“As part of this ‘drawing down,’ the magician, according to the Asclepius of Hermes, obtains the power to ‘ensoul’ dead matter. Because there was no analogy with digital AI (Artificial Intelligence) or robots in that bygone era, the power of sorcery was described as having the capability of ‘bringing statues to life.’

St. Thomas Aquinas in the Summa Contra Gentiles condemns such demonic magic as lacking the principle of life,
Quote:“Accordingly, if these images being endowed with the vital principle by a celestial power alone, so as to move themselves, it follows that they belong to the lowest grade of animals. And yet this would be false if they worked by an intrinsic principle of life: since among their operations some are of a high degree, for they give answers about hidden things. Therefore it is not possible that their operations and movements proceed from the principle of life...Consequently, if these images that are made by necromancy, are endowed with the vital principle by the power of heavenly bodies, it will be possible for them to be formed without the operation of art. But this is not the case. Therefore it is evident that such images have not the principle of life, nor are they moved by the power of heavenly bodies.”

Aquinas goes on to quote St. Augustine, who also addressed Hermes in his seminal City of God, first quoting the wicked magician:

Quote:“[Hermes] and as the Lord and Father made eternal gods, that they should be like Himself, so humanity fashioned its own gods according to the likeness of its own countenance.’ When this Æsculapius, to whom especially he was speaking, had answered him, and had said, ‘Dost thou mean the statues, O Trismegistus?’ - ‘Yes, the statues,’ replied he, ‘however unbelieving thou art, O Æsculapius, -the statues, animated and full of sensation and spirit, and who do such great and wonderful things, -the statues prescient of future things, and foretelling them by lot, by prophet, by dreams, and many other things, who bring diseases on men and cure them again, giving them joy or sorrow according to their merits.’

St. Augustine responds:
Quote:“When Hermes predicts these things, he speaks as one who is a friend to these same mockeries of demons, and does not clearly express the name of Christ. On the contrary, he deplores, as if it had already taken place, the future abolition of those things by the observance of which there was maintained in Egypt a resemblance of heaven, -he bears witness to Christianity by a kind of mournful prophecy.”

Further, we see how Ficino himself implements the “wisdom” of Hermes Trismegistus into his own “Christian Platonism”. Hoffman, quoting Ficino’s De vita coelitus comparanda:

Quote:“When any (piece of) matter is exposed to superior things...immediately it suffers a supernal influence through that most powerful agent, of marvelous force and life...Of this, Plotinus gives an example when, imitating Mercurius, he says that the ancient priests, or Magi, used to introduce something divine and wonderful into their statues and sacrifices. He (Plotinus) holds, together with Trismegistus, that they did not introduce through these things spirits separated from matter (that is demons), but mundana numina...Mercurius himself, whom Plotinus follows, says that he composed through aerial demons, not through celestial or higher demons, statues from herbs, trees, stones, aromatics having within them a natural divine power (as he says)...
“There were skillful Egyptian priests who, when they could not persuade men by reason that there are gods, that is some spirit above men, invented that illicit magic which by enticing demons into statues made these appear to be gods…”

Right here is where I give significant pause. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If we are to believe, as I, and others do, that the elite who control the world are involved in secret societies and the occult (a knowledge founded upon the Kabbalah, Hermeticism, and Neoplatonism); would it be any stretch of the imagination to suspect that this mad rush towards an AI future is not only to seek nigh-omnipotent control of the goyim, but also to resurrect true demonic worship of idols as described by Hermes Trismegistus? I will quote more from Hoffman’s book to further express what I mean:

Quote:“‘I [Ficino] at first thought, following the opinion of the Blessed Thomas Aquinas, that if they made statues which could speak, this could not have been only through stellar influence but through demons…’
“...An interpretation of this passage is that Ficino used to agree with Thomas Aquinas, who explicitly condemns as demonic the magic in the Asclepius, but since he has read Plotinus’ commentary he (Ficino) understands that, though there may have been bad Egyptian priests who used demonic magic, Hermes Trismegistus was not one of them. His power came only from the world, from his insight into the nature of the All.”

To me, this sounds an awful lot like the modern-day sorcerers we call scientists. Who push the boundaries of nature to produce scientific “miracles” by the means of what they deem as purely “natural.” Now, if we look at some place like CERN, or what many physicists are doing in the field of quantum physics today, is not unlike sorcery. I mean, lest we forget that CERN has a statue of a dancing Shiva on their grounds, which represents the Kali-Yuga, an end of the age and the ushering in of a “new age.”

I’ve spoken elsewhere of my skepticism of the direction where technology is heading, namely in the field of AI and robotics, which has been lately tied into the transhumanist movement of these same tech elites, most notably Elon Musk. The elites of our own time have repeatedly emphasized that this same technology will make practical the “evolution” of men into technological “gods.” And I think we can see through the roots of Hermetic-Platonic knowledge, that this has been part of the grand scheme for a while now.

Look at the quote above again, “here were skillful Egyptian priests who, when they could not persuade men by reason that there are gods, that is some spirit above men, invented that illicit magic which by enticing demons into statues made these appear to be gods.” Is this not where the current trends toward technocracy, backed up with the new religion of scientism, is heading? How soon, I ask, will we reach the point where the average person no longer distinguishes what was once a tool from the divine? They sound an awful lot like the "lying wonders" we have been warned of in Tradition.

The error of the gentiles was that they worshipped gods, gods made by their own hands. Given that the belief, and apparent practice, of these ancient magicians was to make these statues speak in order to control the masses; I see this returning in a more sinister form in the coming decades.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • formerbuddhist
(06-14-2020, 03:52 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fotherworldmystery.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbor.forbes.com%2Fth...f=1&nofb=1]

I’ve frequently spoken on a book I’ve been reading by Michael Hoffman II, The Occult Renaissance Church of Rome. I will say that it is certainly an important book, with a lot of great insights into how the Church got to the state it is in today. But, there’s also a lot of impious conclusions drawn by the author that can lead to frustration, so while I cautiously recommend reading it, only do so if you have a strong faith, a solid theological and philosophical foundation, and a moderate understanding of Church history.

Within this book I came upon a section where the author explains an aspect of Hermetic magick that made a return during the Renaissance through the writings of Rev. Fr. Marsilio Ficino. Hoffman describes the demonic magic from the Satanic text of Hermes Trismegistus (thrice-great), re-dubbed Asclepius.

Hoffman quotes,
Quote:“Magic comes closest to philosophy...in the famous ‘god-making’ passages of [the text] which show that material objects can be manipulated to draw a god down into a statue and thus ensoul it.”
“As part of this ‘drawing down,’ the magician, according to the Asclepius of Hermes, obtains the power to ‘ensoul’ dead matter. Because there was no analogy with digital AI (Artificial Intelligence) or robots in that bygone era, the power of sorcery was described as having the capability of ‘bringing statues to life.’

St. Thomas Aquinas in the Summa Contra Gentiles condemns such demonic magic as lacking the principle of life,
Quote:“Accordingly, if these images being endowed with the vital principle by a celestial power alone, so as to move themselves, it follows that they belong to the lowest grade of animals. And yet this would be false if they worked by an intrinsic principle of life: since among their operations some are of a high degree, for they give answers about hidden things. Therefore it is not possible that their operations and movements proceed from the principle of life...Consequently, if these images that are made by necromancy, are endowed with the vital principle by the power of heavenly bodies, it will be possible for them to be formed without the operation of art. But this is not the case. Therefore it is evident that such images have not the principle of life, nor are they moved by the power of heavenly bodies.”

Aquinas goes on to quote St. Augustine, who also addressed Hermes in his seminal City of God, first quoting the wicked magician:

Quote:“[Hermes] and as the Lord and Father made eternal gods, that they should be like Himself, so humanity fashioned its own gods according to the likeness of its own countenance.’ When this Æsculapius, to whom especially he was speaking, had answered him, and had said, ‘Dost thou mean the statues, O Trismegistus?’ - ‘Yes, the statues,’ replied he, ‘however unbelieving thou art, O Æsculapius, -the statues, animated and full of sensation and spirit, and who do such great and wonderful things, -the statues prescient of future things, and foretelling them by lot, by prophet, by dreams, and many other things, who bring diseases on men and cure them again, giving them joy or sorrow according to their merits.’

St. Augustine responds:
Quote:“When Hermes predicts these things, he speaks as one who is a friend to these same mockeries of demons, and does not clearly express the name of Christ. On the contrary, he deplores, as if it had already taken place, the future abolition of those things by the observance of which there was maintained in Egypt a resemblance of heaven, -he bears witness to Christianity by a kind of mournful prophecy.”

Further, we see how Ficino himself implements the “wisdom” of Hermes Trismegistus into his own “Christian Platonism”. Hoffman, quoting Ficino’s De vita coelitus comparanda:

Quote:“When any (piece of) matter is exposed to superior things...immediately it suffers a supernal influence through that most powerful agent, of marvelous force and life...Of this, Plotinus gives an example when, imitating Mercurius, he says that the ancient priests, or Magi, used to introduce something divine and wonderful into their statues and sacrifices. He (Plotinus) holds, together with Trismegistus, that they did not introduce through these things spirits separated from matter (that is demons), but mundana numina...Mercurius himself, whom Plotinus follows, says that he composed through aerial demons, not through celestial or higher demons, statues from herbs, trees, stones, aromatics having within them a natural divine power (as he says)...
“There were skillful Egyptian priests who, when they could not persuade men by reason that there are gods, that is some spirit above men, invented that illicit magic which by enticing demons into statues made these appear to be gods…”

Right here is where I give significant pause. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If we are to believe, as I, and others do, that the elite who control the world are involved in secret societies and the occult (a knowledge founded upon the Kabbalah, Hermeticism, and Neoplatonism); would it be any stretch of the imagination to suspect that this mad rush towards an AI future is not only to seek nigh-omnipotent control of the goyim, but also to resurrect true demonic worship of idols as described by Hermes Trismegistus? I will quote more from Hoffman’s book to further express what I mean:

Quote:“‘I [Ficino] at first thought, following the opinion of the Blessed Thomas Aquinas, that if they made statues which could speak, this could not have been only through stellar influence but through demons…’
“...An interpretation of this passage is that Ficino used to agree with Thomas Aquinas, who explicitly condemns as demonic the magic in the Asclepius, but since he has read Plotinus’ commentary he (Ficino) understands that, though there may have been bad Egyptian priests who used demonic magic, Hermes Trismegistus was not one of them. His power came only from the world, from his insight into the nature of the All.”

To me, this sounds an awful lot like the modern-day sorcerers we call scientists. Who push the boundaries of nature to produce scientific “miracles” by the means of what they deem as purely “natural.” Now, if we look at some place like CERN, or what many physicists are doing in the field of quantum physics today, is not unlike sorcery. I mean, lest we forget that CERN has a statue of a dancing Shiva on their grounds, which represents the Kali-Yuga, an end of the age and the ushering in of a “new age.”

I’ve spoken elsewhere of my skepticism of the direction where technology is heading, namely in the field of AI and robotics, which has been lately tied into the transhumanist movement of these same tech elites, most notably Elon Musk. The elites of our own time have repeatedly emphasized that this same technology will make practical the “evolution” of men into technological “gods.” And I think we can see through the roots of Hermetic-Platonic knowledge, that this has been part of the grand scheme for a while now.

Look at the quote above again, “here were skillful Egyptian priests who, when they could not persuade men by reason that there are gods, that is some spirit above men, invented that illicit magic which by enticing demons into statues made these appear to be gods.” Is this not where the current trends toward technocracy, backed up with the new religion of scientism, is heading? How soon, I ask, will we reach the point where the average person no longer distinguishes what was once a tool from the divine? They sound an awful lot like the "lying wonders" we have been warned of in Tradition.

The error of the gentiles was that they worshipped gods, gods made by their own hands. Given that the belief, and apparent practice, of these ancient magicians was to make these statues speak in order to control the masses; I see this returning in a more sinister form in the coming decades.
I'm inclined to believe there is some connection between Hermetic and Kabbalistic Magick and the cult of technocracy and science.  Absolutely!  I'm a bit eccentric but I also tend to think this sudden return to psychedelics like DMT etc are in a way a type of magick and way to contact beings in order to learn higher technology.  There's an element of sinister technocracy in neo shamanism and even seemingly innocuous things like the Burning Man festival, itself a sort of techno shamanic cult of sorts.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian
(06-14-2020, 05:45 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I'm inclined to believe there is some connection between Hermetic and Kabbalistic Magick and the cult of technocracy and science.  Absolutely!  I'm a bit eccentric but I also tend to think this sudden return to psychedelics like DMT etc are in a way a type of magick and way to contact beings in order to learn higher technology.  There's an element of sinister technocracy in neo shamanism and even seemingly innocuous things like the Burning Man festival, itself a sort of techno shamanic cult of sorts.

I definitely see the connection between hallucinogens and the occult. If we recall the experiments that the CIA did in the MK Ultra and Monarch programs, it was to disorient the psyche with these hallucinogens and then inflict psychological trauma on these people in order to fracture their psyche, making way for a separate "personality " to take hold.

This is utterly demonic, and all I see in it is a breaking of the will for possession. Which, if I recall, is essentially what shamans would do in order to induce a sort of "spiritual" state to communicate with the gods; many of which would become possessed in the process.

And now we see the same practices re-emerging with neopaganism, coinciding with the libertine spirit of the 1960s.

On the technology front, its documented that Thelemite practitioner and prodigal child of the OTO, Jack Parsons, attempted to utilize technology with occult practice and "capture" the energy of the atomic weapons testing to created a homunculus. There is a very real connection here, as those same atomic tests had an alchemical aim of the destruction of primordial matter.

So to think that the one-goal of these same occult elites is transhumanism (for themselves), by the scientific application of Hermetic philosophy is more accurate than the claims of just mere accidental, or coincidental, discoveries of these same technologies.

I mean, it's strange, if you look at AI and robotics for what they are; it's the attempt to construct man-made material beings. Obviously, they would not have a soul, but would operate in a naturalistic manner akin to real animals, essentially serving as the Golem of Kabbalistic belief. And I suspect, that an alchemical union of demonic spirits with these physical bodies, akin to the aforementioned statues, is what we will see come about.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
I've read artificial intelligence can take on an aura of magic.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(06-15-2020, 03:54 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: I've read artificial intelligence can take on an aura of magic.

As I've shown, it may have at least an implicit relationship with magic. If not, at minimum, roots in the same philosophy.

I so wish I could read that book but I can't really read very long and mostly just skim.

Quote:Our Lady of La Salette

In the year 1864, Lucifer together with a large number of demons will be unloosed from hell; they will put an end to faith little by little, even in those dedicated to God. They will blind them in such a way, that, unless they are blessed with a special grace, these people will take on the spirit of these angels of hell; several religious institutions will lose all faith and will lose many souls.

Evil books will be abundant on earth and the sprits of darkness will spread everywhere a universal slackening of all that concerns the service of God. They will have great power over Nature: there will be churches built to serve these spirits. People will be transported from one place to another by these evil spirits, even priests, for they will not have been guided by the good spirit of the Gospel which is a spirit of humility, charity and zeal for the glory of God. On occasions, the dead and the righteous will be brought back to life. (That is to say that these dead will take on the form of righteous souls which had lived on earth, in order to lead men further astray; these so-called resurrected dead, who will be nothing but the devil in this form, will preach another Gospel contrary to that of the true Christ Jesus, denying the existence of Heaven; that is also to say, the souls of the damned. All these souls will appear as if fixed to their bodies).2

Anyway, this video points out some interesting things about Kaballah, the Qlippoth/Tree of Life and the trans agenda.  I don't agree with all of her conclusions but I think she makes a good point at the end that going trans can open you open to demonic entities.  

It's alchemy, the yin and the yang, the equilibrium...etc.

Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!