Survey: Americans not comfortable going back to church
I am saddened to hear it. If only we could somehow disguise our sacred services as an establishment-approved protest...
Quote:If only we could somehow disguise our sacred services as an establishment-approved protest...

I'm afraid the 'dress code' would never go over with Father. ;-)

But seriously, I've been reflecting on the oddness of the situation. We are afflicted with a most deadly virus, with the dying falling over everywhere, and yet so few are returning to the Sacraments...

No bodies where you live, you say. How very strange, since we are hiding behind ineffectual masks and refusing to touch other human beings, but handling food in grocery stores, opening doors, and using public restrooms, all which have been touched (and sneezed and coughed upon) by strangers.

I think relatively few people are convinced this virus is truly dangerous. It's easier, however, to go along with the demands of the authorities than to point out that the emperor really has no clothes. (This is all the more alarming when you realize how little trouble it would cost them to tell the truth.)

I am frightened that they should stay home from Mass for much the same reason.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(07-04-2020, 01:14 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: I think relatively few people are convinced this virus is truly dangerous. It's easier, however, to go along with the demands of the authorities than to point out that the emperor really has no clothes. (This is all the more alarming when you realize how little trouble it would cost them to tell the truth.)

I am frightened that they should stay home from Mass for much the same reason.

I suppose that's the most alarming part to me.  Could be my newbie zeal, but in tough times I'd want to be closer to God.  Even in the beginning of the lockdown when I was slightly fearful and compliant, I was hoping to still go to Mass every Sunday - even if I was still "too young" to receive the blessed sacrament. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mourning Dove's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
There is a friend of mine, mutual friend of my godmother's, who hasn't been to church since the governor forced us out. She was a regular attender before but I have not seen her since. Her family is strongly Catholic but her husband is not a believer. Four kids. Please keep this friend in your prayers.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
[-] The following 3 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • HailGilbert, Mourning Dove, Teresa Agrorum
Around 50 today and we did coffee and cake afterwards, outside.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Let all of your friends and relative know there never were real laws stopping them from attending Mass.

It's a farce.

So are the masks and the social distancing.

And the whole idea of stopping people from singing at Mass!

This lady has fought back because the law is on our side.  Reason is on our side.  Science is on our side.

Because of her Orange County is no longer wearing masks.  People are singing in Church!  

What have you done today to fight back in your county, parish, or neighborhood?

https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=87282&pid=1425722#pid1425722
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Eric F, Teresa Agrorum