Pope Francis belittles as ‘adolescent’ priests who defied COVID lockdowns
VATICAN CITY, June 25, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Pope Francis has indicated that he was not impressed with priests who violated coronavirus lockdown rules to minister to the laity. 

In a speech he delivered Saturday to primarily bishops, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers from the Italian region of Lombardy, Pope Francis contrasted priests who violated the ban on public worship with priests who ministered to their flock in “creative” ways, like buying their shopping. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-f...sacraments

Lay Person.  Father will you hear my confession and bring me Holy Communion ?
                                          Priest.   No, but I will do your shopping because my pastoral duty is to help create positive energy.

God please bless us with more so called "adolescent priests".
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • karl, Teresa Agrorum
I have to laugh as some of these comments are saying that Cdls Burke and Sarah should "revolt" or "overthrow" Francis...oh like a revolution?

So we can belittle him and call Frankie a heretic
We can deny and ignore everything he says and does
We can call upon shepherds to revolt against the Lord's anointed

...But by all means do not by any stretch claim that Francis is not the Pope. Heresy!

Again, doesn't surprise me from this man. By their fruits you shall know them.
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, josh987654321
In other words, they should kneel to secular authority.

EDIT: When you see it...at 1:44....

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mourning Dove's post:
  • josh987654321
(06-26-2020, 01:21 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I have to laugh as some of these comments are saying that Cdls Burke and Sarah should "revolt" or "overthrow" Francis...oh like a revolution?

So we can belittle him and call Frankie a heretic
We can deny and ignore everything he says and does
We can call upon shepherds to revolt against the Lord's anointed

...But by all means do not by any stretch claim that Francis is not the Pope.  Heresy!

Again, doesn't surprise me from this man.  By their fruits you shall know them.

Even plotting such a move warrants excommunication. Those individuals need to seek out confession.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • josh987654321
(06-26-2020, 01:21 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I have to laugh as some of these comments are saying that Cdls Burke and Sarah should "revolt" or "overthrow" Francis...oh like a revolution?

But then I read some comments saying 'Bergoglio' and that Pope Benedict is still Pope, which relies on Pope Benedict... and I agree with them although too many people still could not accept that Bergoglio may very well be invalidly elected, hence why I think chastisements will fall on the Vatican. The Vatican is still yet to be sacked according to Fatima, at first "how could God allow this" now it's "I understand".

However if they recognize Bergoglio as validly elected, then yes they are total hypocrites if they try to 'overthrow' him, for they cannot see the same can be done to any successor and then it doesn't matter who was elected Pope for they can be disposed in the same way, not to mention the gates of hell prevailing.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • austenbosten
(06-26-2020, 09:05 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:

But then I read some comments saying 'Bergoglio' and that Pope Benedict is still Pope, which relies on Pope Benedict... and I agree with them although too many people still could not accept that Bergoglio may very well be invalidly elected, hence why I think chastisements will fall on the Vatican. The Vatican is still yet to be sacked according to Fatima, at first "how could God allow this" now it's "I understand".

However if they recognize Bergoglio as validly elected, then yes they are total hypocrites if they try to 'overthrow' him, for they cannot see the same can be done to any successor and then it doesn't matter who was elected Pope for they can be disposed in the same way, not to mention the gates of hell prevailing.

God Bless You

Agreed...if he is the vicar of Christ, then he is the King's anointed, the regent. One cannot harbor revolutionary tendencies towards the rightful sovereign. However most of these people calling this also think that monarchy is evil and republicanism is great.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian, josh987654321
Even in Pope Benedict XVI's own words, he claims an aspect of the Papacy and he did try to divide it into an active and prayerful wing, he erred, and he is getting very old so I don't know how this will be resolved without the hand of God, they are leaving their run too late to correct Pope Benedict's error and expose Bergoglio for his invalidity IMO, hence why I think it will have to be done by God in allowing the sacking of Rome according to our Lady of Fatima.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

I'm no Papa Bergoglio fanatic, but I'm simply not understanding the outrage here. The LifeSite News article clearly is going far beyond what the Pope actually says.

The Pope said, my translation :

Quote:The pastoral zeal and the creative concern of the priests have helped people to continue the path of faith and not to remain alone in the face of pain and fear. This priestly creativity has overcome a few "adolescent" expressions against the measures of authority, which has an obligation to protect the health of the people. Most of them were obedient and creative. I admired the apostolic spirit of many priests, who went by phone, knocking on doors, ringing houses: "I need something? I do the shopping ... ". A thousand things. Proximity, creativity, without shame. These priests who remained beside their people in caring and daily sharing: they were a sign of the consoling presence of God. They were fathers, not teenagers. Unfortunately, not a few of them have died, as well as doctors and paramedical staff. And also among you there are some priests who have been sick and thank God they are healed. In you I thank all the Italian clergy, who have shown courage and love to the people.

Now, exactly what the Pope means or intends ... that's a different question, but what he actually says is that he was happy to see priests being "creative" and still remaining within the regulations. He seems to condemn those priests who did illegal things.

I know of very few priests who acted illegally and held ceremonies directly against the civil authorities' orders, at least few that did it with brazen abandon. Most of what we had seen were "creative" ways of providing Sacraments within these rules. A drive-in Mass, outdoor confessionals, etc.

Those were all "creative" and legal ways of caring for the faithful. Does he think that wrong? Perhaps, but that's not what he says here. It is LifeSite News that spins this into some attack on priests who were providing the Sacraments.

Bergoglio has proven he is not a good Pope, and probably has lost the Faith, but I think it's pretty terrible if we need to spin his words to create outrage against him. The problem here is, of course, it's hard to report the text as it is and make it newsworthy, since it is clearly not an attack on clergy outside of Italy doing "creative" things like outdoor Masses. 

So LifeSite selectively quotes and rearranges the text to highlight this one phrase out of context.

I'm not going to defend the Pope who should have been calling and advocating for more public ceremonies and penitential acts, which he clearly does not think are valuable. Nevertheless, why pick on a few words he used which are not very clear as to what he is criticizing and try to make them an attack on faithful priests when there is plenty more than he could legitimately be criticized for?

So, quite simply the headline "Pope Francis belittles as ‘adolescent’ priests who defied COVID lockdowns to give faithful sacraments" is false, at least by overstatement.
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Augustinian, austenbosten, jovan66102
(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Now, exactly what the Pope means or intends ... that's a different question,

'Benefit of the doubt' again?

(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: but what he actually says is that he was happy to see priests being "creative" and still remaining within the regulations. He seems to condemn those priests who did illegal things.

Creative... like the baggies and the drive through fast food restaurants we were horrified at? And as for 'illegal' things, do you mean a secret and private Mass by appointment because they were told to lock the Church doors? But hey, according to Bergoglio he can do my shopping... If that's all their good for who needs em.

(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I know of very few priests who acted illegally and held ceremonies directly against the civil authorities' orders, at least few that did it with brazen abandon.

Because they didn't do it with 'brazen abandon' and if you knew about it they obviously did a poor job.

(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Most of what we had seen were "creative" ways of providing Sacraments within these rules. A drive-in Mass, outdoor confessionals, etc.

I've seen a lot of heresy and irreverence. What's next, confession over the phone? Where it's all recorded and breaks the seal of confession by default anyway. Our Governments would absolutely LOVE that innovation if it ever occurred.

(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Bergoglio has proven he is not a good Pope, and probably has lost the Faith,

I agree, but then it begs the question as to the gates of hell prevailing... where is this line he cannot cross? has he already crossed it? and then that begs the question as to his legitimacy and Pope Benedict's 'active and prayerful wing' half resignation.

(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: but I think it's pretty terrible if we need to spin his words to create outrage against him.

Yes, they shouldn't spin it, but I've got pictures of him overseeing and promoting the worship of Pachamama demon Idols, has anyone rebuked him to his face for this blatant idol worship? Oh, and he was sad and lamented them being thrown in the Tiber.

Maybe you can help me, but I want to quote the bit in 'Acts' where two apostles go to one town and the people want to offer sacrifice to Idols for them and they run to stop it and say don't do this but only to Our Lord Jesus Christ give thanks... something to that effect, you recall where it is?

(06-26-2020, 09:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: .

If it was embellished I don't like it either, but even with the more tame version I can still read between the lines, but yes, we should be aiming for an accurate translation and then add the story/understanding underneath and let people make up their own minds.

So if you catch any other bad translations or out of context quotes, please quote it in full for us when you can so I can make an informed decision on what was said.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

A priest's primary duty is to provide the sacraments.  Everything else is secondary
[-] The following 1 user Likes karl's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum