Shriven, Annealed, and Houseled!
For those Fishies whose Ecclesiastical Early Modern English is not top flight, I've been to confession, received the anointing of the sick, and received Holy Communion!

Since our County is a hot spot and given my underlying problems like COPD, I don't feel comfortable being around more than one or two people. I've availed myself of the dispensation, but I have missed the Sacraments a great deal.

As it happened, we got a new Pastor whilst all this was going on. One of my friends told Father about me and gave him my address. Thursday I got a letter from him containing this week's bulletin and a note introducing himself, saying he was looking forward to meeting me.

I emailed him immediately and we agreed to meet after Mass this evening. I just got home and I feel great! 

I'd appreciate it if you'd offer a prayer of thanksgiving for me that I was able to get right with God.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Quote:I've availed myself of the dispensation, but I have missed the Sacraments a great deal.

Yes, it's been an adjustment. You have a considerate pastor, a sign of good things to come. We'll thank the Lord during the Rosary this evening for the graces you received. God bless you, Jovan.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(06-27-2020, 07:34 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:I've availed myself of the dispensation, but I have missed the Sacraments a great deal.

Yes, it's been an adjustment. You have a considerate pastor, a sign of good things to come. We'll thank the Lord during the Rosary this evening for the graces you received. God bless you, Jovan.

And I received on the tongue, kneeling. The Archbishop, our Administrator, 'encourages' Communion in the hand during this time, but unlike some Bishops who care nothing for Our Blessed Lord in the Sacrament OR for the law of the Church, he's not forbidden CotT.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • dahveed, Mourning Dove, Teresa Agrorum
Our church in England will start services from the 8th of July. They were closed from 23rd March earlier this year. Confession has been promised to follow but no detail yet.

The problems are going to start for my wife and myself when it comes to receiving on the tongue. In our congregation only 5 or 6 people request it the rest go along with the command to receive in the hand. Despite the diocesan command to receive in the hand I will be opening my mouth so hopefully he will not embarrass me by refusing as I will have to make a spiritual communion instead.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MyLady's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
We'll pray for you both, MyLady.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(06-27-2020, 06:50 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I'd appreciate it if you'd offer a prayer of thanksgiving for me that I was able to get right with God.
 That is so good. I will definitely off a prayer of thanksgiving.  God is so very good.

I also had an answer to prayer today. It was at Mass. I want to only receive from a priest if it is at all possible but with the Covid 19, we have assigned seating and even though there were only like 25-30 people at Mass, the priest had an EM with him and unfortunately I was placed in that lane.  I prayed and prayed that I would be able to receive from the priest and not a EM, and then while in line to receive, I noticed Father finished his lane before the EM. The priests lane was wide open and I was able to switch lanes and receive from the priest. I was so thankful.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruth Catherine's post:
  • jovan66102, Teresa Agrorum
Thanks for the archaic English lesson, Jovan. :) I'm very happy for you and will pray for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mourning Dove's post:
  • jovan66102