Thomas More Society and SSPX win legal case against Cuomo & De Blasio
The Thomas More Society's New Jersey case with Fr Kevin Robinson, FSSPX, received attention, but at the same time another lawsuit was filed in New York.

That was just recently decided and the Federal Court held that Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio discriminated against Catholics by restrict religious gathering more harshly than secular gatherings and especially in doing this despite encouraging and participating in the BLM and Antifa protests.

https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/federa...-services/

This, despite no assistance from the New York dioceses, diocesan clergy or other traditional-leaning organizations. Only a few Orthodox Rabbis joined the suit.

Beginning immediately, churches can, like restaurants, host up to 50% capacity and outdoor religious events have no restrictions.
Christopher Ferrara's one sharp cookie. I like him. Thanks from a Jersey girl, Mr Ferrara.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Great news! Any sane person knew they were specifically targeting believers, but it's nice to see a Federal Court Judge agree!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • karl, Teresa Agrorum
A small piece of good news amongst all the sacrileges that are going on at the moment is most welcome.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 2 users Like MyLady's post:
  • Mourning Dove, Teresa Agrorum
Hypocrisy exposed and justice served! Take THAT, Cuomo....you fake Catholic traitor. :)
[-] The following 3 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • Eric F, karl, Teresa Agrorum
Does that mean that my SSPX chapel is having mass today? I haven't been going because its quite the drive, nobody answers the phone, and I'm not sure if they are having mass yet.
Quote:Does that mean that my SSPX chapel is having mass today?

God bless you, Mattchew. How horrible that you've had to wait like this.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
The Archdiocese of New York isn't going to take advantage of the legal victory won by the SSPX and Thomas More Society, and will open, but limit church attendance to what Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio want ...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/st...s/2489274/
(06-27-2020, 11:32 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: This, despite no assistance from the New York dioceses, diocesan clergy or other traditional-leaning organizations. Only a few Orthodox Rabbis joined the suit.

Doesn't that say a lot.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(06-29-2020, 01:33 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: The Archdiocese of New York isn't going to take advantage of the legal victory won by the SSPX and Thomas More Society, and will open, but limit church attendance to what Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio want ...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/st...s/2489274/

Good, with their heresies and sacrilegious communions it's better this way. I have no problem if they don't want to hold a Mass, I say remain closed for as long as you like, at least I'll know who's who, what I do have a problem is when they tell others they can't.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)