Priest Tries To Argue With Idiots In St Louis
https://www.rt.com/usa/493151-king-louis...-protests/ 

I think the intelligence level is about the same as found in the mob in Madison who tore down the statue of a guy who was an anti-slavery activist.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  • josh987654321, Mourning Dove, Teresa Agrorum
He is a very good priest.  I served his TLM this morning.  Yesterday (when the video was recorded) was also his birthday, which he gave up to instead defend the faith.

Edit: Actually, I didn't.  Memory lapse on my part.  He said the next Mass, and we chatted in the sacristy for half an hour in between the two.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steven's post:
  • Eric F, Mourning Dove, Teresa Agrorum
They know exactly what they're doing. They're trying to destroy our history so they can rewrite it to suit themselves. White anti-slavery activists don't fit the narrative of 'systemic racism' and the inherent evil of every white man, so the statue had to go. When they're done, the Civil War will have been fought by the noble blacks of the North to free their brethren enslaved by the evil white man in the South. They can't have non-racist whites.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 5 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, karl, Mourning Dove, SeekerofChrist, Teresa Agrorum
This mob was not going to listen to a reasonable discourse. Rather, they were triggered by various words and phrases that fall into their racist agenda. Just the reaction when Fr. said "his people" the crowd went into an uproar.

God bless this priest, but eventually these people are going to just turn to pure violence unless something is done.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • formerbuddhist, josh987654321
(06-28-2020, 07:43 PM)Augustinian Wrote: This mob was not going to listen to a reasonable discourse. Rather, they were triggered by various words and phrases that fall into their racist agenda. Just the reaction when Fr. said "his people" the crowd went into an uproar.

God bless this priest, but eventually these people are going to just turn to pure violence unless something is done.
The problem is, what can be done?  Any violence or even suggestion of it by whites or Christians will be ruthlessly put down by police, military, the Feds and BLM/Antifa groups.  Any retaliation in self defense by whites or Christians will be spun by the media as "white supremacist" violence and the defender will be prosecuted, jailed and probably left in general population unprotected to be ruthlessly slaughtered and shanked by black inmates.  Church leaders will throw pro White, pro Christians under the bus because aside from the most conservative elements in most Churches, the mainstream is fully on board with globalism, mass immigration, and the "white guilt" turn the other cheek and take knee narrative. 

Leaving the country or forming autonomous communities in rural areas based on racial/ ethnic/ religious lines and protecting them with private militias is about the only options I see.  We absolutely cannot win by playing the game by their rules anymore, thinking the courts, the media or even the electoral process is going to save us or even buy us time.  

Leaving the country for more friendly lands (Russia, Hungary, SE Asia or even China) seems the safest bet for those with the money and the will to uproot themselves. If I had money and a passport I would have been on a plane a few weeks ago, hopefully to start a new life in Russia, Hanoi, Dapitan or Vientiane, Rangoon or some such place.

It's times like these when I've got even more respect for groups like the Old Believers who never comprised, or for the old forest monks of Thai Buddhism who did the same.  Those that walk away from rotten compromised institutions and nations to form their own counter cultures and parallel societies are what's needed now more than ever.  There's nothing left to save.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(06-28-2020, 07:43 PM)Augustinian Wrote: God bless this priest, but eventually these people are going to just turn to pure violence unless something is done.

While I am not certain, I strongly suspect that it is too late to avoid violence and bloodshed.  I'm thinking of the events that led up to the Civil War, like Rep. Preston Brooks viciously caning Sen. Charles Sumner in the chamber of the Senate, all because Brooks felt insulted by a speech Sumner gave a few days before.  Also the violence committed during what we now call Bleeding Kansas.  History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme, as Mark Twain is reputed to have said.  Tensions may have risen to the point that there isn't a feasible way to cool things down before some terrible violence breaks out.  Indeed, violence is already occurring throughout the United States.  These civil disturbances and unhinged politicians look so much like the decade leading up to the Civil War.

(06-28-2020, 07:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Leaving the country or forming autonomous communities in rural areas based on racial/ ethnic/ religious lines and protecting them with private militias is about the only options I see.  We absolutely cannot win by playing the game by their rules anymore, thinking the courts, the media or even the electoral process is going to save us or even buy us time.  

I understand your reasoning and feelings here, but in order to establish any kind of autonomous communities, one will have to use the law, courts, and what political alliances available to achieve it.  During the Radical Reformation, the Anabaptists thought they could eschew politics and the rulers who surrounded them.  Some even formed armed groups, with one taking brief control of Munster.  They failed miserably, which is why there are no historical Anabaptist states in Europe.  Autonomous Catholic, or just conservative Christian, communities will take quite a bit of effort, including political, to achieve.  I do, however, fully support such a program of autonomy. 

Quote:It's times like these when I've got even more respect for groups like the Old Believers who never comprised, or for the old forest monks of Thai Buddhism who did the same.  Those that walk away from rotten compromised institutions and nations to form their own counter cultures and parallel societies are what's needed now more than ever.  There's nothing left to save.

There might not have been anything to save to begin with.  The United States was founded on Enlightenment Liberalism, albeit a more moderate version of it.  Liberalism can't be salvaged.  It is a hideous and anti-Christian ideology that will rot any civilization to the core and then burn the whole thing down.
[-] The following 4 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102, karl, MagisterMusicae
If the Governor/Mayor... elected officials, will not stop the mob from destroying public property such as St Louis, and the Police will not either... then you have far bigger problems then a small group of Catholics can handle. IMO this is like going to Islamic lands and preaching the Gospel... noble endeavor for sure that some of the Saints even did... but don't be surprised when you say it straight to the Sultan's face and he kills you.

As others said, when they are toppling statues and monuments to those who freed slaves, then the mob is clearly beyond reason, and for those cleaning graffiti and things that are just going to be repainted tomorrow, they need to stop it now, not until they have the support of the Police and Elected Officials... leave the graffiti as a constant reminder of who these elected officials are and what's to come if the people waste their vote.

Wise as snakes and innocent as doves. They need to protect themselves and communities, spread the word and vote these people out of office who are responsible for allowing such evil, ignorant mobs to do such things.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • antiquarian
(06-28-2020, 07:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: The problem is, what can be done? 

Wise as serpents, innocent as doves. Spread the word, vote, keep your head down unless necessary, and then when the time comes, you vote and if enough have turned back to God, you will be successful.

Also China? For Christians? what are you smoking? I understand you looking to Russia, but not China, my only hope would be that as Russia becomes more Orthodox Christian it may rub off a little on China and I certainly hope and pray it doesn't go the other way.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • antiquarian
(06-29-2020, 02:53 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: as Russia becomes more Orthodox Christian

Between 1998 and 2012, the number of Orthodox in Russia dropped from 74,278,513 (50.3%) to 61,350,000 (43.0%) and in the same period, the number of atheists, 'spiritual but not religious', odd religions not otherwise accounted for, and 'nones' had increased from 67,485,647 (45.7%) to 74,500,000 (51.6%). So, in a period of just 14 years, Russia went from having a bare majority of Orthodox to having a minority of Orthodox, outnumbered by non-Christians who do not belong to other recognised religions (Islam, Judaism, non-Orthodox Christianity, etc.).
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(06-29-2020, 02:53 AM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 07:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: The problem is, what can be done? 

Wise as serpents, innocent as doves. Spread the word, vote, keep your head down unless necessary, and then when the time comes, you vote and if enough have turned back to God, you will be successful.

Also China? For Christians? what are you smoking? I understand you looking to Russia, but not China, my only hope would be that as Russia becomes more Orthodox Christian it may rub off a little on China and I certainly hope and pray it doesn't go the other way.

God Bless You
Voting in anything but the most local of elections is completely pointless at this moment in time.  That's playing their game with their rules.  Local is better.  

As for China, I don't mean it as a place that's safe for churches but for individuals.  It's a far more stable nation right now then the USA. Certainly Russia or SE Asia would be my first choice above that of China though.

When the USA collapses its only Russia and China that have the strength to step in to take its place.  Western Europe is dead as well.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon