Is coronavirus God's punishment for all the sins?
I view it as an imparting of valuable lessons many of us needed to learn in addition to the beginning of a much larger chastisement. More than the virus, I refer to the lockdown and effects of halting of normal life.
(07-04-2020, 06:13 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: What about those small businesses who were forced to close?  What about those workers who can no longer put food on the table for their families?  What about those who are losing their homes and the roof over their heads?

While obviously very real, I do not see those as Covid-19 "punishments" as they are primarily the over-reaction of elected officials.  The small businesses weren't forced to close because their employees or customers all died off.  The workers weren't forced to close because the business owner and/or those who purchase the goods/services from said business died off.  Same goes for those losing their homes and/or the roof over their heads.  In nearly every instance, the proximate cause for those injustices were due to government overreach, and much of it appears to be politically motivated.   

(07-04-2020, 06:13 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: And for the elderly who suffered and/or died, what about those who weep for them?

They will have to be weeped for at some time. 

I recently lost a great-aunt of mine. It wasn't Covid-19 related, but I wouldn't be surprised if the State listed it as such to boost the numbers. 

Because of our governor's ridiculous cower-at-home order, no funeral service was held.  She's gone, and we won't be able to say goodbye, at least not in the manner we would have.  Do you consider that to be a Covid-19 punishment?  I do not.  I consider that to be a slap in the face by my own State government. 

But I did watch about a week later on teevee the funeral (actually, there were several) of a career criminal and hundreds were in attendance, including a governor who was violating his own cower-at-home order.  As I said... much of the "punishment" you speak of is politically motivated.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • antiquarian, Sacred Heart lover, Teresa Agrorum
COVID-19 is germ warfare done by the CCP against the USA.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!

(07-05-2020, 07:10 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: In nearly every instance, the proximate cause for those injustices were due to government overreach, and much of it appears to be politically motivated.   

And bad government, like bad clergy, is also a punishment from God. Sometimes He gives us what we want, and sometimes what we deserve, and sometimes those are the same, and these are the politicians we keep voting for.

(07-05-2020, 07:10 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Because of our governor's ridiculous cower-at-home order, no funeral service was held.  She's gone, and we won't be able to say goodbye, at least not in the manner we would have.

Was she Catholic? Have a funeral Mass said for her, and people can attend that. It's just as good for her, even if the body can't be present, and the family can pray for her soul.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(07-07-2020, 09:54 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: COVID-19 is germ warfare done by the CCP against the USA.

Did the virus originate in China?
Yes.

Did the Chinese government try to cover it up initially?
Yes.

Did the Chinese government create the virus?
No.

Was it a deliberate attack by the Chinese government on the US and the rest of the world?
No.
[-] The following 2 users Like AllSeasons's post:
  • Fionnchu, Sacred Heart lover