San Francisco Archbishop Cordileone Stands Up to Evil Iconoclasm
[-] The following 8 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • Ambrosiano, Augustinian, dahlia, Fionnchu, Fontevrault, jack89, josh987654321, SeekerofChrist
Good to see a courageous and devout prelate.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, josh987654321
Before you get all excited about how Catholic the Lion's Heart is, read this:

Archdiocese of San Francisco Promotes “Pride,” Leather, and Di*k Cookies
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(06-29-2020, 06:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Before you get all excited about how Catholic the Lion's Heart is, read this:

Wow! Thank you for pointing that out. I thought Cordileone was one of the good ones...now I know he enjoys sucking cookie d*cks.
(06-29-2020, 06:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Before you get all excited about how Catholic the Lion's Heart is, read this:

I knew something wasn't right when I saw him, and other religious present, wearing masks during the ceremony.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
(06-29-2020, 06:40 PM)Augustinian Wrote:

I knew something wasn't right when I saw him, and other religious present, wearing masks during the ceremony.

I'm not undersanding what the wearing of masks indicates to you. It's one thing to be against the mandating of the wearing of masks, but to be against mask-wearing when they do help cut down on disease tranmission -- well, I don't get it, and most especially when it comes to anyone with health issues or who's "of a certain age."
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • newenglandsun
(06-29-2020, 07:03 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:40 PM)Augustinian Wrote:

I'm not undersanding what the wearing of masks indicates to you. It's one thing to be against the mandating of the wearing of masks, but to be against mask-wearing when they do help cut down on disease tranmission -- well, I don't get it, and most especially when it comes to anyone with health issues or who's "of a certain age."

They do absolutely nothing to help cut down on disease transmission when half of the people in the video wearing them have them down below their noses. Not to mention wearing a mask encourages you to touch your face more because you have to adjust it constantly, so any bacteria on your hands are now being rubbed onto your face and onto the mask that is there to supposedly "protect you." Plus, 95% of the ones in that video were simple medical masks or 3rd-party "custom" deals which have no proof of long-term viability against disease transmission. Honestly, anything short of an N95 isn't going to do a whole hell of a lot.

What they indicate to me are individuals willing to do whatever the secular authorities ask of them contrary to common sense.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • antiquarian, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove, SeekerofChrist

You couldn’t let me have even 12 hours of false hope! Sadly, being SF, it doesn’t surprise me...gross.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • austenbosten, josh987654321, jovan66102, newenglandsun
(06-29-2020, 08:26 PM)Mourning Dove Wrote:

You couldn’t let me have even 12 hours of false hope!  Sadly, being SF, it doesn’t surprise me...gross.

Don't be discouraged. Christ is King. We're privileged to live in such times that test our faith. Please God, may whatever happens here only help to earn us a higher place in heaven. But only if it's to be for Your honor and glory. through Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 3 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • josh987654321, Mourning Dove, newenglandsun

Let's hope he's had a St. Paul conversion. Let's hope for the best. Please God.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton