Instagram brands Christian worship ‘harmful’
'The headline to this article ... is not click bait. It is truth. Shocking truth.' Does anyone still believe they're not waging war on believers? These are protestants, not that Instagram knows or cares. They're after all of us!

From the Christian Post

By Michael Brown

The headline to this article is not sensationalistic. It is not click bait. It is truth. Shocking truth. Yes, Instagram has designated videos of live worship on the streets to be in violation of community guidelines, calling the content “harmful.” Let the outrage be felt and heard.

Sean Feucht is a worship leader and songwriter who recently ran for political office in California. He is also a conservative Christian.

On June 23 he tweeted, “This is what we’ve come to in America!

“Instagram is now classifying my WORSHIP videos as ‘harmful or false information’

“Religious Liberty? Freedom of Speech? Big Tech censorship?”

Included in the tweet was a screenshot from Instagram, explaining that the company had removed his video post because it was violation of Community Standards. (Oh, those dread community standards again!)

Specifically, Instagram stated, “Story removed for harmful or false information.”

What on earth does this mean? What can it possibly mean?

Feucht’s tweet got the attention of Missouri’s Senator Josh Hawley who tweeted, “Cancel culture meets #BigTech. Now @instagram is censoring a Christian worship leader who wants to post videos of praise and worship from places where there has recently been unrest. And that doesn’t meet ‘community standards’? Can’t wait to hear the explanation for this.”

As of this writing (late Thursday night, Eastern Time, June 25), we are still awaiting explanation.

A few years ago, I repeatedly challenged Facebook for censoring some of my posts for alleged violation of community standards, exposing the rank hypocrisy of their decisions.
For example, my factual, fairly-worded post dealing with LGBT issues would be deemed hateful, while the most blasphemous, unimaginably profane, anti-Christian Facebook pages were allowed to operate without restriction. Seriously?

Thankfully, in most cases, with the help of an internal contact, Facebook reinstated my posts (or, restored my status). But other colleagues of mine did not fare so well, having their pages permanently shut down for alleged violation of the dreaded (and oh so ambiguous) community standards.

It seems that “hate” meant one thing for one group and something entirely different for the other. (For a recent, video exposé, see here.)

When it comes to YouTube and Google, the battle continues, with large channels like Prager U still experiencing discrimination and unequal treatment. (Where are all the social justice warriors calling for equality? Somehow, they don’t seem to be raising their voices for Prager U.)

In my own experience, after having over 1,000 of my channel’s videos branded unsuitable for advertising in a single stroke (!), YouTube has actually been fair with me, even surprising me at times by what it approves for monetization. At the same time, we know that the other shoe could drop at any moment and suddenly, we could be banned.
It is a big mistake to put our trust in Big Tech.

What happened with Instagram, though, seems even more bizarre and extreme. What on earth were the all-powerful censors thinking?

There are endless videos on Instagram showing disturbing clips from the recent protests and riots, all of them somehow in conformity with community standards. (Right now, over on Twitter, I’m watching a video of the “CHOP” call from Seattle, with specific reference to guillotines. I imagine similar videos can be found on Instagram.)

But when a video is posted showing Christian worship in the midst of these protests, it is removed for alleged “harmful or false information.”

Since there is nothing “false” about the video, then it must be considered “harmful” – hence the headline to this article.

Is this actually what Instagram meant? Could they possibly be claiming that worshiping the Lord on the streets of our divided cities is harmful?

If so, I would encourage every worship leader and every worship team to hit the streets of their own communities, posting similar videos and sharing them as widely as possible, starting on Instagram. (Hey, it’s a great thing to do anyway and just what America needs.)
If Instagram has made a mistake, I hope they own up to it and say, “We totally blew it! There is no excuse.” Otherwise, this means war – as in spiritual war.

So, no hatred. No carnal aggression. No fleshly anger. And, of course, of course, of course, no violence.

But lots of prayer. Lots of worship. Lots of preaching. And lots of standing up and being heard. If not now, then when?

Ironically, as if to drill the point home, as I was writing this article, I spotted another tweet from Sen. Hawley a few hours ago. He wrote, “Now @Twitter is actively censoring Bible verses? Seriously? Why?”

Hawley retweeted another tweet from Sean Feucht, stating, “Not only is big tech blocking worship videos, now they’re blocking Bible verses about PEACE!  
“RT if you believe social media needs more peace, more worship, and less censorship of Jesus followers.”

Feucht included a screenshot of tweets from Beni Johnson, then using the handle @prayfor5, which at present is not appearing on Twitter. Her tweets, posting Bible verses, were blocked, with the note, “This Tweet may include sensitive content.”
So, worship is deemed “harmful” and Scripture verses about peace are deemed “sensitive content.” Really?

Let us, then, flood Big Tech with the Word and worship. And let us report and challenge every unjust infraction about the practicing of our faith.
It’s beyond time.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

If people don't think the bloodbath against whites and Christians isn't going to happen they almost deserve what's coming. This is a full blown revolution in progress and it's 100% going to get nasty and bloody.

By the way, Dr. E Michael Jones was finally kicked off YouTube today.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(06-29-2020, 05:53 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: If people don't think the bloodbath against whites and Christians isn't going to happen they almost deserve what's coming. This is a full blown revolution in progress and it's 100% going to get nasty and bloody.

Sheesh...it just gets worse and worse. I still see EMJ on YT.
(06-29-2020, 06:20 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:53 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: If people don't think the bloodbath against whites and Christians isn't going to happen they almost deserve what's coming. This is a full blown revolution in progress and it's 100% going to get nasty and bloody.

Sheesh...it just gets worse and worse.  I still see EMJ on YT.
http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2020/06...lations-2/

That's where I read about it. I should have said banned for a week.  At least that's what his tweet claimed in the article.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon

I guess it's time to find our way to the catacombs then...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Melkite
(06-29-2020, 06:37 PM)Augustinian Wrote:

Or Christians could f*cking man up and start fighting back...gee whiz. So to be a Christian is to be a eunuch. I distinctly remember that the persecutions of Christians didn't end until Constantine began conquering under the Chi Rho XP.
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • jovan66102, karl, Mourning Dove
(06-29-2020, 06:46 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:37 PM)Augustinian Wrote:

Or Christians could f*cking man up and start fighting back...gee whiz.  So to be a Christian is to be a eunuch.  I distinctly remember that the persecutions of Christians didn't end until Constantine began conquering under the Chi Rho XP.

I don't think its wise to say that the countless Christian martyrs who died in the centuries preceding Constantine needed to "man up."

The Christian conquest only happened once they had someone with the authority and secular power to back them up. And we are in the exact opposite position as it stands now. Very few of our own bishops are backing up the faith, let alone secular authorities. Plus, fighting back against a mob with the backing of the media and moneyed interests will do nothing but further their cause. Especially when their biases are affirmed by violent, white Christians shooting at "peaceful" protesters.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102, Melkite, Mourning Dove
(06-29-2020, 07:14 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I don't think its wise to say that the countless Christian martyrs who died in the centuries preceding Constantine needed to "man up."

The Christian conquest only happened once they had someone with the authority and secular power to back them up. And we are in the exact opposite position as it stands now. Very few of our own bishops are backing up the faith, let alone secular authorities. Plus, fighting back against a mob with the backing of the media and moneyed interests will do nothing but further their cause. Especially when their biases are affirmed by violent, white Christians shooting at "peaceful" protesters.

So the Vendee royalists were wrong for fighting? Were the white Russians wrong for fighting?

I'm sorry but Christian martyrs who were martyred by a pagan nation that was never Christian is a lot different from Christians who will be martyred because they willingly allowed post-Christian pagans to take over.
[-] The following 4 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • jovan66102, karl, Mourning Dove, Teresa Agrorum
(06-29-2020, 08:10 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 07:14 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I don't think its wise to say that the countless Christian martyrs who died in the centuries preceding Constantine needed to "man up."

So the Vendee royalists were wrong for fighting?  Were the white Russians wrong for fighting?

I'm sorry but Christian martyrs who were martyred by a pagan nation that was never Christian is a lot different from Christians who will be martyred because they willingly allowed post-Christian pagans to take over.

And I would like to point to the non-retaliatory stance of the prophet Jeremiah when faced with the impending Babylonian invasion. Setting aside the particulars of the Babylonians being an outside force, they were also perceived to be an instrument of God's wrath upon the sins of the Israelites. So, therefore, Jeremiah warned not to take up arms because he knew that Israel would be crushed. Rather, he suggested accepting the yoke of the oppressor in accordance with accepting the Divine decree of punishment for Israel's sins.

Quote:"But the nation and kingdom that will not serve Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon, and whosoever will not bend his neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon: I will visit upon that nation with the sword, and with famine, and with pestilence, saith the Lord: till I consume them by his hand."

"But the nation that shall bend down their neck under the yoke of the king Babylon, and shall serve him: I will let them remain in their own land, saith the Lord: and they shall till it, and dwell in it." -Jer. 27:8, 11

Or, we could look to our Lord's words against St. Peter's violent action against His captors: "Put up again thy sword into its place: for all that take the sword shall perish with the sword." Mt. 26:52. We even see warnings of this in the Apocalypse 13:10: "He that shall lead into captivity, shall go into captivity: he that shall kill by the sword, must be killed by the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints."

I agree that we should act defensively of our Catholic faith, as well as of our families and homes, as it is our duty. The example of the priest peacefully defending the St. Louis IX statue is a perfect example of this. But, I do not think offensive action would do us any good whatsoever and will ultimately be crushed by a larger force that is poised for an offensive on multiple fronts (media, secular authority, mobs, etc.)

(06-29-2020, 10:29 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I agree that we should act defensively of our Catholic faith, as well as of our families and homes, as it is our duty. 

Who has said anything different? Austenbosten said we should 'fight back' not that we should go out and attack.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'