Men working from home?
Do any of you ladies have husbands working from home these days? What with the covid-lockdown situation, it's really changed the dynamics around here at my house somewhat. I would say overall, it's been a blessing having hubs work from home, but a mixed one at that.

For one thing, I think he's at a bit of a loss. Hubs isn't used to being home so much. He's always been the busy type and likes going places and doing things, that sort.

Now he's the purveyor of the household. Overseer of all that goes on. Like I say, it's been a mixed blessing. More later if there's an interest in the topic. I'm not sure how many (if any) are in the same situation...
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Your husband is not alone. Mine is working from home, and while he has enjoyed being able to be present for more of our son's milestones in his first year, he finds working from home to be less efficient because of all the interruptions. He too is a busy extrovert who is prone to cabin fever.

On the other hand, I'm a homebody and well suited to isolation, pandemic or no. Our temperaments mystify each other, but we are doing our best to make the most of the unusual times we find ourselves in and draw from the graces of the Sacrament we share together.

Three months in, our household rhythm still hasn't settled into a comfortable hum for either of us. Do you find this to be true for your home as well? This pandemic has really taken a heavy psychological toll on everyone.

At least our son is basking in all the extra "Da-da" time.. he's such a daddy's boy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Little Fish's post:
  • Catherine, JacafamalaRedux
(06-30-2020, 12:53 AM)Little Fish Wrote: Your husband is not alone. Mine is working from home, and while he has enjoyed being able to be present for more of our son's milestones in his first year, he finds working from home to be less efficient because of all the interruptions. He too is a busy extrovert who is prone to cabin fever.

Working from home has become a concern for my husband. He feels they're giving him a lot of useless busywork and He's worried about being laid-off... So he's started job searching.

Quote:On the other hand, I'm a homebody and well suited to isolation, pandemic or no. Our temperaments mystify each other, but we are doing our best to make the most of the unusual times we find ourselves in and draw from the graces of the Sacrament we share together.

Like you, I'm very introverted and lockdown hasn't really been too much of a challenge for me in terms of daily living. Something really wonderful that's happened as a result of the lockdown is we pray a whole rosary (five decades) together at night. Hubs used to be 'too busy' and only wanted to pray a decade. 

Quote:Three months in, our household rhythm still hasn't settled into a comfortable hum for either of us. Do you find this to be true for your home as well? This pandemic has really taken a heavy psychological toll on everyone.

You've got a young child in the house, and that can make it a challenge to get a routine going. At least that's what I always found. Looking back on those early childhood days, I can see how routines help them maintain good habits as they get older. It's even more important than keeping the house clean. Simple things like eating at the table at regular times set bedtimes and bathing times. If I could go back in time, I'd pay more attention to routines.

Quote:At least our son is basking in all the extra "Da-da" time.. he's such a daddy's boy.

That's excellent! It's nice that your boy is building a strong relationship with his dad! 

My two youngest are in highschool now. We've also got a couple of college age girls who are still living/working/doing courses from home. They have chore schedules and I keep a set dinnertime for everyone. I think lockdown has been hard on young people in general. They need to get out of the house and begin having their own lives. My 17 year old just got her first real job yesterday! She'll be working in a bakery here in town.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Working from home in a pandemic like today is the wisest choice for everyone.

We work using the internet and a laptop.

That is enough to generate weekly or monthly income.

Even with a simple website, we can even get regular income.