STUNNING: Fauci’s Remdesivir Costs $9 Per Dose, Will Be Sold at $3,000 per Treatment
(06-30-2020, 10:19 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Then those companies need to openly disclose the cost of development, as well as the BILLIONS of tax-payer grants and subsidies that they put into the drug to essentially create a $0 drug and use BS accounting to claim it's really worth $3000.

So do you think drugs develop themselves for free, or that pharmaceutical companies shouldn't be allowed to make money?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • jovan66102
(07-01-2020, 12:25 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
Quote:Without knowing how much it cost to develop, we have no idea if $3000 is reasonable or not.

Paul, please read this article about Remdesivir, written for a European COVID watchdog site. There is a tremendous effort in these countries to fight the lie now being foisted upon the world--they are putting us to shame.

http://covexit.com/oxford-research-hydro...esivir-in/

What does that article have to do with the costs of the drug? The article talks about research studies, and last I checked, research studies cost money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • jovan66102
(07-01-2020, 03:09 PM)Paul Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 10:19 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Then those companies need to openly disclose the cost of development, as well as the BILLIONS of tax-payer grants and subsidies that they put into the drug to essentially create a $0 drug and use BS accounting to claim it's really worth $3000.

So do you think drugs develop themselves for free, or that pharmaceutical companies shouldn't be allowed to make money?

What I'm saying is how much money did they get from taxpayers to fund the R&D? I think when GM gets a gigantic loan from Uncle Sam that comes from taxpayers...they shouldn't be allowed to turn around and charge ridiculous sums for their crappy products, or banks should foreclose on homes while they are getting bailed out by the government which finances itself by taxing the poor bastard getting foreclosed.

It looks like this particular drug was funded by the government $70.5 million dollars.

https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2020/...s-patents/
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Zedta
Quote:What does that article have to do with the costs of the drug?

Paul, Remdesivir isn't reasonable at any price. It has killed people (25 percent of participants in Oxford's RECOVERY trials, e.g.) and been shown to be ineffective when it doesn't.

I don't blame you if this seems incredulous--why in the world would a governmental infectious disease expert promote a drug that kills patients and is ineffective to boot? Many are asking this question; the link provides some answers.

French infectious disease expert Dr. Didier Raoult, IHU-Marseille, under oath on June 24, on the worthlessness of Remdesivir:
http://covexit.com/shock-testimony-of-pr...-assembly/
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • antiquarian, Zedta