Hello Everyone!
(07-04-2020, 07:50 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 09:54 AM)Matthew7-7 Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 08:37 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Welcome!  What kind of preparation are you looking for? 

Yes, the local church I am referring to conducts mass in Latin, so I am quite intimidated by the prospect of attending mass there.

(07-03-2020, 08:50 AM)mr.rose77 Wrote: Welcome!! A book that really helped me was, "My Catholic Faith", by Most Reverend Louis Laravoire Morrow

Welcome from a post V2-raised revert. May I direct you to FE's Being Catholic library? There you can find:

Under "A few things first..." useful and necessary counsel.
Under "Sacrifice of the Mass" essential introductory info.
If you click "Using and Buying a Missal," and then even more advice on the same, you will find this invaluable guide, handsomely designed and very well-detailed, to the Traditional Latin Mass, Treasure and Tradition.

For Catholics is as the name claims more specialized.
And later on at "Traditionalism + 'Spirit of Vatican II", into the deep end after you learn to swim with the fishes....

For Protestants, of course, will speak to you as timely.

Here's a pdf of that lovely My Catholic Faith in our FE library, and here's a mirror site.

Thank you, I have purchased a copy of Treasure and Tradition! I have also been amazed by the quantity and quality of the information on this website.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matthew7-7's post:
  • Fionnchu
Welcome, welcome!!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
My personal laptop broke today! I am very reluctant to use my employer's machine, so will be surfing this site on my phone, which is less than ideal. I will probably be less active on the forum, and wanted to explain why.

God Bless.