For me - so discouraged
Fontevrault, I'm praying for you, Pilgrim, and the family every day.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Fontevrault
Thank you!!!
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
I'll pray for you Fontevrault...stay hopeful and let God guide you and your family out of this Darkness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Fontevrault
(07-04-2020, 11:37 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: Dear Fishie Friends,

I am feeling overwhelmed and saddened by several things: (1) the state of the world and the US in particular, (2) the fact that my parents are essentially trapped in France possibly until December, (3) my real estate business - I am a new realtor attempting to start my business in the midst of a pandemic.  I feel tired, beaten, and just so darn sad at the moment.  Could you spare a prayer for me?  I woke up this morning and it was like I hadn't slept at all.  I could go back to bed . . .  but the kids are up and need me.

Thank you!

My advice on concern #1 is the ignore it. It's going to Hell in a handbasket and you worrying about it won't stop or even slow it. Just focus on your soul and life (and that of your family). Regarding #3, the RE market is still hot with record-low interest rates. Unless you live in an area that is temporarily depressed due to slow tourism, you have no excuse. Even then, you would just need to seek out the landlords who are losing their shirts due to the lack of tourism and help them offload the millstone around their neck. Like any sales job, you must pound the pavement and results are 100% on you.
(09-21-2020, 03:15 AM)Bombero Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 11:37 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: Dear Fishie Friends,

I am feeling overwhelmed and saddened by several things: (1) the state of the world and the US in particular, (2) the fact that my parents are essentially trapped in France possibly until December, (3) my real estate business - I am a new realtor attempting to start my business in the midst of a pandemic.  I feel tired, beaten, and just so darn sad at the moment.  Could you spare a prayer for me?  I woke up this morning and it was like I hadn't slept at all.  I could go back to bed . . .  but the kids are up and need me.

Thank you!

My advice on concern #1 is the ignore it. It's going to Hell in a handbasket and you worrying about it won't stop or even slow it. Just focus on your soul and life (and that of your family). Regarding #3, the RE market is still hot with record-low interest rates. Unless you live in an area that is temporarily depressed due to slow tourism, you have no excuse. Even then, you would just need to seek out the landlords who are losing their shirts due to the lack of tourism and help them offload the millstone around their neck. Like any sales job, you must pound the pavement and results are 100% on you.

Good points.  At the time I wrote this, we were not allowed to advertise or go out to meet clients; we could not show homes - even to existing clients in need of a place to live.  We were only allowed to finish closing any houses under contract at that moment.  My brokerage was even discouraging online advertising because the governor was a hair's breath from shutting us down completely.  - So truly discouraging times when newer and in need of things like open houses to generate leads. Things are much easier now - thank God!!!
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
(09-21-2020, 06:47 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Good points.  At the time I wrote this, we were not allowed to advertise or go out to meet clients; we could not show homes - even to existing clients in need of a place to live.  We were only allowed to finish closing any houses under contract at that moment.  My brokerage was even discouraging online advertising because the governor was a hair's breath from shutting us down completely.  - So truly discouraging times when newer and in need of things like open houses to generate leads. Things are much easier now - thank God!!!

Wow, that's crazy. I live in a left-wing state and our strict restrictions on RE were lifted when the Trump Admin. declared RE to be critical infrastructure. You might want to look into that. Agents were still showing houses in violation of that law and I do not know of any who go in trouble.