White Clover Tea
I made it yesterday and drank about 3 cups. Tomorrow I'm hoping to make White Clover ice tea, and sweeten it with honey or maple syrup.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Teresa Agrorum
(07-05-2020, 03:27 PM)Eric F Wrote: I made it yesterday and drank about 3 cups. Tomorrow I'm hoping to make White Clover ice tea, and sweeten it with honey or maple syrup.

Recipe? ;-)

Thanks, Eric F. Our white clover is blooming now that the red is done.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
Just found out some (white?) clover can sometimes contain Cyanide.  Apparently this is more common in warmer climates. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...151308.htm

Also never ferment it.  

http://www.eattheweeds.com/clover-availa...e-world-2/

I've been doing research lately on "wild" edibles, just in case stuff I ever get lost up North or something
Ingredients
  • 1 cup fresh white clover blossoms or 1/2 cup dried blossoms
  • 4 cups water
  • honey or maple syrup optional to taste
  • lemon wedge optional
Instructions
  1. Put the clover blossoms into a quart jar. Boil the water then pour over the blossoms.
  2. Let steep for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours, then strain out the clover blossoms with a fine mesh sieve and refrigerate.
  3. Serve cold over ice with honey or maple syrup and lemon if desired.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Elle19, Teresa Agrorum
Thanks for the links, Gondothlim. A plant that commits suicide? What a strange world this is. ;-)

My mother loves red clover and has tried in the past to grow it as a houseplant. (Don't bother--can't be done.) Yes, clover attracts the bees--hey, it attracts everybody--and I've been stung, but I'm not about to root up clover from my yard over it.
Thanks, Eric F. I have a nice patch of white clover--I can't wait to try this. ;-)
Making a batch of ice tea now. Miserable day picking with temps in the 90's. Put in a few mint leaves for additional flavoring. Have never made wild mint tea, so that's probably next.
It's pretty hot here too, upper 80s in NW Minnesota.

I'm growing spearmint this year! YUM.
White Clover Ice Tea was pretty good. I had mine sweetened with a little honey and maple syrup, my gf had her's unsweetened. Hope the next thing I pick isn't so time consuming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Ha, ha. Earlier this spring I asked the granddaughter to pick a colander-full of young dandelion leaves--I then spent the next hour painstakingly cleaning them, only to have the whole mess cook down into a muddle about the size of a coffee cup.

But they were good.