Hagia Sophia: Islam's Disrespect for Other Religions
David Wood offers a sunny side-up view on the recent conversion of Hagia Sophia into a mosque.  We can feel free to point to it whenever Muslims cry islamophobia or persecution.  

Quote:Muslims constantly demand respect for their religion when they offer no respect in return.

After 14 centuries of seizing other people's places of worship while shouting Allahu Akbar, you have lost the right to demand respect for your religion.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mourning Dove's post:
  • Matthew7-7
So be it. Upon the Triumph of Our Lady's Immaculate Heart, be it tomorrow or five centuries from now, this 'mosque' will once again be a Catholic cathedral.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • ActusFidei313, HailGilbert, Matthew7-7, Mourning Dove
We are providing best African American Custom T-shirt in a very amazing proces, yo can visit our website to see other stuff also where you will surely find on of your favourite apparel.
https://www.mahoganyapparel.com/
Vid Wonders offers you the best Healthcare Video Production, we guarntees best result, as our team is professional and result oriented, we are the best Video Company. We are the worth considering for buisness.
https://www.vidwonders.com/production-of-medical-video/
We need stronger prelates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • HailGilbert
Muslims aren't afraid to take what they believe is rightfully theirs.  Modern Christians bend over and take it and their respective leaders (Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox)  go along with it.  

I'm reminded of that old Buddhist kingdom centuries ago that was confronted by Islam, and since classical Buddhism is non violent you can guess what happened- -it was vaporized and is now hardly a footnote in the history books.

Those who don't fight back even in self defense are trampled on.  Modern Christianity will lose and enter the grand dustbin of history at the hands of secular fanatics or Muslims, either one or the other.  It won't change till Christians turn away from making meekness and pacifism more important than anything else.  

It's like when dealing with bullies, if you don't hit back harder and faster you'll keep getting picked on.  Meekness and niceness gets slaughtered.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 4 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, jack89, Mourning Dove
As far as I understand, other former churches who became mosques and then museums have been turned again into mosques by the command of Sultan Erdogan.
Ite ad Ioseph
(07-17-2020, 10:46 AM)acewoman47 Wrote: We are providing best African American Custom T-shirt in a very amazing proces, yo can visit our website to see other stuff also where you will surely find on of your favourite apparel.
https://www.mahoganyapparel.com/

Vox, the spammers are at it again! This poster called "acewoman47" is one of them. Please eliminate her postings and membership here. Many thanks in advance.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
I certainly don't like it but it's a great move from an Islamic perspective
(07-17-2020, 04:36 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Muslims aren't afraid to take what they believe is rightfully theirs.  Modern Christians bend over and take it and their respective leaders (Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox)  go along with it.  

I'm reminded of that old Buddhist kingdom centuries ago that was confronted by Islam, and since classical Buddhism is non violent you can guess what happened- -it was vaporized and is now hardly a footnote in the history books.

Those who don't fight back even in self defense are trampled on.  Modern Christianity will lose and enter the grand dustbin of history at the hands of secular fanatics or Muslims, either one or the other.  It won't change till Christians turn away from making meekness and pacifism more important than anything else.  

It's like when dealing with bullies, if you don't hit back harder and faster you'll keep getting picked on.  Meekness and niceness gets slaughtered.

I know many Muslims, some of whom are pleasant individuals who I'd consider friends, but all seem to have an unshakeable belief in Islam as the sole true faith. They believe that Christianity is either redundant - having had a purpose prior to God sending his final messenger, Mohammed - or that the idea God would manifest in human form as blasphemous nonsense.

Interestingly, some of my female Muslim colleagues do not actually know a lot about their faith, despite being very pious. Whilst a couple of Muslims I have befriended over the years have said some alarming things. After I voiced my fear of Islam to one of them, following a Jihadist terror attack, he explained that when two faiths or cultures meet, violence and upheaval will occur until one prevails. I recall him using an Arabic word to describe the situation, but have never been able to find it since. Additionally, I mentioned the Dhimmi Tax to another Muslim friend, and he shrugged and said that its logical for a faith or culture to oppress a competitor in order to prevent it from being usurped.

I have found very few Christians with the kind of zeal that many Muslims have. Indeed for many, where I live, Catholicism is an identity rather than a belief. Many Catholics have Irish roots and have been, or at least believe they have been, oppressed and Catholicism is another way of expressing their culture, along with supporting The Celtic FC, Irish Republican politics and listening to rebel music.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matthew7-7's post:
  • Mourning Dove