Felony Charges Against The McCloskey's
Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the Central West End couple who confronted protesters June 28 with a rifle and a gun in Mayor Lyda Krewson’s neighborhood, have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon/flourishing. The unlawful use of a weapon charge is a class D felony and could result in one to four years in prison as well as fines up to $5,000. Sources tell 5 On Your Side Gardner's office will be issuing a summons for the couple to appear in court. https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/crime/...2b79bbc91d
Another example of the left eating their own. Still sad to see.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Forgotten to mention, this comes after a weekend in which police were violently attacked in Chicago with 18 injured
  and the city's mayor afterwards told protesters how to bring charges against police.  Portland's local officials threatened legal action against "Federal goons" and a pro police rally in Denver was violently attacked https://www.foxnews.com/us/denver-back-t...nti-police
It's against the law and/or a cancellable offense to defend yourself, to "deface" graffiti;  to say "all lives matter"; to call the cops on a black person who's up to no good; to befriend or defend cancelled people; to leave your house without a mask in some areas; to say men are men, and women are women; to express orthodox Catholic belief; to attend Mass with full pews -- what am I leaving out?
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • antiquarian
Here's police footage of Black Lives Matter's open involvement in an organized attack on Chicago Police Friday night
I don't live in the States, but from this side of the Atlantic it appears to me that not only is the truth distorted, but the mob is being encouraged and emboldened by the powers that be.
[-] The following 3 users Like Matthew7-7's post:
  • divinesilence80, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove
(07-20-2020, 07:59 PM)Matthew7-7 Wrote: I don't live in the States, but from this side of the Atlantic it appears to me that not only is the truth distorted, but the mob is being encouraged and emboldened by the powers that be.

You would be correct, and those powers include the media, who do everything they can to support the left and attack the right, including flat-out lie.

This prosecutor got elected with a campaign funded by leftists like Soros, and she's doing her part to discourage any sort of self-defence from the mobs, even when they come onto private property.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • HailGilbert, Matthew7-7
I'm going to sound like the proverbial turd in a punchbowl here, but I have mixed views on this.

On the one hand, what I've seen was them aiming at people, finger on the trigger.  On the flip side, the rioting peaceful protesting in St. Louis and other areas comes to mind.  So while I support them stepping outside with firearms at the low ready in a show of force, I have issue how they displayed.  This could easily have gone south with one of the protesters rioters unloading on the McCloskeys and saying he felt threatened because they pointed at them.  That being said, felony seems a bit stiff, and I'm glad the AG is trying to get the charges dismissed.

On a related note, have charges been handed out for the peaceful protesters rioter who broke down the gate at the entrance to their community and were trespassing?  The law is supposed to be blind, right?
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
When you’re part of a mob who broke into private property and is trespassing, you should feel threatened. That’s already not peaceful, but you know there won’t be any charges for that since this prosecution isn’t about the law but about intimidation of those who don’t support Black Lies Matter and dare to stand up to them.
Eric F Wrote:Here's police footage of Black Lives Matter's open involvement in an organized attack on Chicago Police Friday night

If you go to the "official" BLM twitter page, you'll see occasional posts that someone isn't a leader in the "official" BLM movement, but no condemnation of random acts of violence done in their name. 

That should speak volumes.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden