Chinese diplomats start burning documents after State Dept. orders immediate closure
This is not a good sign. This very thing was what the Japanese did at their embassy before WWII. China was alleged to be working a major spy network out of this embassy. Could this be a lead up to a bigger conflict with China? 

Article Wrote:Link to Original Article Page
Chinese diplomats start burning documents after State Department orders immediate closure of Beijing's consulate in Houston 'to protect American intellectual property'
  • The U.S. ordered Wednesday China's consulate in Houston to immediately close

• Those at the consulate were informed of the decision Tuesday night, and soon after diplomats began burning documents in the property's courtyard

• Firefighters responded to the scene of the fire, but were not permitted entry 

• The State Department claims it is closing this particular consulate in order to 'protect American intellectual property'

• Acting Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Marco Rubio claimed, 'China's Houston consulate is a massive spy center.' 

• He added that 'forcing it to close is long overdue'

• The move comes amid rising escalations between Beijing and Washington, and China warned the U.S. of 'firm countermeasures'
PUBLISHED: 04:12 EDT, 22 July 2020 UPDATED: 12:38 EDT, 22 July 2020
The U.S. abruptly ordered the closure of China's consulate in Houston, Texas on Tuesday night – leading to Chinese diplomats burning documents and papers in trash cans in the courtyard of the building.

The State Department claimed the immediate action

was needed to 'protect American intellectual property' and other private information of American citizens.

Republican Senator Marco Rubio, the acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, claimed in a tweet Wednesday morning that 'China's Houston consulate is a massive spy center, forcing it to close is long overdue.' 

'The United States will not tolerate (China´s) violations of our sovereignty and intimidation of our people, just as we have not tolerated (its) unfair trade practices, theft of American jobs, and other egregious behavior,' said the statement, which was attributed to State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the Trump administration is taking action to halt long-running intellectual property theft, noting indictments announced Tuesday against two Chinese individuals accused of hacking.

'President Trump has said 'Enough, we're not going to allow this to continue to happen,'' he said while on an official visit to Copenhagen. 

Although he did not mention it, the move follows the revocation by Donald Trump of Hong Kong's special trading status after China passed a sweeping national security law undermining free speech and protests rights in the former British colony after a year of pro-democracy demonstrations.
Early Wednesday, China strongly condemned the closure of the consulate.

[Go to Link above for pictures and video of incident]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
Don't care about China.

When the cities are burning with BLM everwhere and GOP cowering in fear, p*ssing their pants and a resurgence of Kung Flu with a 99% survival rate and draconian-Orwellian executive orders and laws.

WHO GIVES A F*** ABOUT THE CHINESE!

Let them take over...won't be any damn different than what's happening now...well except you probably won't have BLM running around everywhere.
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian, formerbuddhist, Zedta
Ab, This whole virus thing, from what I learned in the Army, is a method used to soften up a potential target, to make the populous used to being shut in and taking orders, to cause fear to run rampant and rumors to go wild so as to seed confusion. Not to mention killing a few people too.

If the US Gov. found out they were spying, big time on us, that too could be a big indicator of their intent not being altruistic. They need our land, not the people, so if they do invade, what you are seeing in these democrat run states and cities can be multiplied 1000 fold, but it will be armed, bloodthursty Chinese Troops doing all the skulduggery. I much prefer it as is. We can get hold of this issue, but a military invasion, with all the reported troops in Mexico already, would be a "Red Dawn" situation indeed.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 3 users Like Zedta's post:
  • antiquarian, jovan66102, mr.rose77
I suppose I'm not that worried about China.  They have a right to self sovereignty the same way any other nation does.  If only BOTH the US and China would simply live and let live. 

China is a civilization going back millennia.  They didn't survive as long as they have by being stupid. If they actually start a war with the US it's because they know they are in an advantageous position and probably have the upper hand.  They have a better, stronger government, military, economy as well as better social harmony than the US. We would be extremely foolish to beat the war drums now. 

It's the century of Eurasia right now, with Russia, China and soon to be SE Asia as the new group of superpowers.  The US should be more isolationist and learn to read the signs of the times. 

So glad I'm planning on leaving within the next year or so.  US has gotten so arrogant and dysfunctional I don't want to be here when the SHTF... and it will.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • austenbosten, Zedta
(07-22-2020, 06:34 PM)Zedta Wrote: Ab, This whole virus thing, from what I learned in the Army, is a method used to soften up a potential target, to make the populous used to being shut in and taking orders, to cause fear to run rampant and rumors to go wild so as to seed confusion. Not to mention killing a few people too.

If the US Gov. found out they were spying, big time on us, that too could be a big indicator of their intent not being altruistic. They need our land, not the people, so if they do invade, what you are seeing in these democrat run states and cities can be multiplied 1000 fold, but it will be armed, bloodthursty Chinese Troops doing all the skulduggery. I much prefer it as is. We can get hold of this issue, but a military invasion, with all the reported troops in Mexico already, would be a "Red Dawn" situation indeed.

Post-Revolutions are far more bloodier and nastier than foreign-occupations. China doesn't need our land, she already has a vast stake in the Earth's raw resources, she only needs a weakened America so nothing stands in the way of the Red Dragon taking on Taiwan, Korea, and the Rising Sun.

"Red Dawn" and "War Plan Red" are improbable situations. A land war in North America is just as much as a complete blunder as a land war in Asia.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102