Poll: Are the lockdown restrictions justified?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
5.00%
1 5.00%
No
95.00%
19 95.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are the lockdown restrictions justified?
Hi, I haven't been here for a while, i hope everyone is doing well.

So what's the mood among Catholics here regarding the covid lockdowns in your area?
Are they justified? Why or why not.
FAITH BEGINS AT THE EDGE OF UNDERSTANDING
No, but I think it's a good idea for those who are more susceptible to be cautious, and those who are sick to be responsible. I can see a case for localized lock-downs if there is a threat of an exceptionally heavy caseload that would overburden hospitals. I don't think we've seen that in the US, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • Porkncheese
No.

We didn't do this for all the other 50,000 pandemics that hit.

Quarantine, not lockdown, is the answer.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!

[-] The following 3 users Like BobCatholic's post:
  • antiquarian, Porkncheese, Zedta
Nope. While I'm willing to concede the first 2-4 weeks might have been justified due to sheer uncertainty, I still believe it was overkill. We should have been allowed the freedom to use our own discretion. With hindsight 20-20, the costs of these measures far exceed the damage caused by covid itself. Only Black Death 2.0 could merit such a response.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, HailGilbert, jack89, Porkncheese, Zedta
10 people have said the lockdown measures haven't been justified... Good

Down here in Melbourne, Australia it has been shocking. The whole reason for the lockdown was to keep the hospitals from over filling. We did that and they kept it closed for weeks and weeks for nothing.
Then they started getting more positives and they closed us down again and have mandated masks.

Our churches have been shut for 5 months now, labelled non-essential... This secular society labelled God non-essential and the RCC said nothing. In the 2,000 years of the RCCs history have they ever "shut down"? Was there ever a disaster, pandemic or anything that caused the Church to shut down?

I don't like the change im seeing from my parents, how they just gave up their Sunday tradition so easily, brainwashed but the anti-Christian media. They won't listen to me no matter how logical i am, their hooked on the narrative.

We're Catholics and we believe in going to mass on Sundays, that should never be compromised unless we are sick or something
Since when do we fear disease and death? We only fear God, it is He that calls us when it's time.

Im finding it really hard to stay cool now, im very anxious. I haven't worked this year and don't know where i will be in 3 months. My cousin decided to walk off a high rise carpark aged 38, couldn't go to the burial cos of a 10 person limit. My family and friends are divided about what is happening in the world. Most of the public seem to be buying all the lies being fed to us

Its cognitive dissonance en mass. Start of this year we all believed we had the right and freedom to do what we like, when we like and where we like. Now we've given that away
We believed it was our choice on which precautions and medical procedures to take, and we've given that away.
we believed that God was the authority, now that's been given away too.
[-] The following 5 users Like Porkncheese's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove, Zedta
Considering that we did the mass-quarantine with the same expectation of overwhelming hospitals, and the hospital I work at followed suit, resulting in $450 million in losses due to the OR cases not being run, goes to show that this was all blown up to be a push for the removal of personal freedoms than anything. I just got out of a meeting a little while ago where the higher-ups were "hopeful" for an expansion on masking mandates statewide, citing not only the ongoing COVID "pandemic" but also the coming Flu season. Yet, we know full-well that masking does nothing to protect anyone, so why employ the force of law to require it?

Common sense has gone completely out the window with this entire situation. If you are sick, or a higher risk, then you distance yourself from others and stay home. Like literally every single other pandemic we've had since the dawn of time. We do not need Big Brother Government officials telling everyone that they have to do these things, yet that's exactly what people have called for.

This is just another step towards Agenda-21 and Agenda 2030. I accept it all as a punishment from God regardless, and offer it up likewise.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • antiquarian, Mourning Dove, Zedta
(07-28-2020, 05:51 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: I don't like the change im seeing from my parents, how they just gave up their Sunday tradition so easily, brainwashed but the anti-Christian media. They won't listen to me no matter how logical i am, their hooked on the narrative.

Its cognitive dissonance en mass. Start of this year we all believed we had the right and freedom to do what we like, when we like and where we like. Now we've given that away
We believed it was our choice on which precautions and medical procedures to take, and we've given that away.

Honestly, this is the worst part of the whole thing.  How quickly people changed.  How quickly they accepted such a massive disruption and how little effort it took.  How many people have become such rabid supporters of these measures that they try to destroy anyone who disagrees.     

Quote:Augustinian wrote:
This is just another step towards Agenda-21 and Agenda 2030. I accept it all as a punishment from God regardless, and offer it up likewise.

We deserve the tyranny we blindly ask for, not to mention the punishment for turning our backs on Him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian
(07-28-2020, 08:12 PM)Mourning Dove Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 05:51 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: I don't like the change im seeing from my parents, how they just gave up their Sunday tradition so easily, brainwashed but the anti-Christian media. They won't listen to me no matter how logical i am, their hooked on the narrative.

Honestly, this is the worst part of the whole thing.  How quickly people changed.  How quickly they accepted such a massive disruption and how little effort it took.  How many people have become such rabid supporters of these measures that they try to destroy anyone who disagrees.     

My parents both live in a state of fear, well, mainly my mother due to her health issues, and are swallowing everything that is coming out from the left-wing of the Beast media as Gospel truth. It lead to a lengthened dispute, in which I was uncharitably sarcastic, between me and my mother surrounding this whole situation. It got to the point where I just laid it out as a result of sin and that people have completely abandoned Christ. And the response I got was, "not everything has to do with religion." My parents are not practicing Catholics (to be specific, my mother is a New Ager and my dad a lapsed Catholic), nor even Christians. It is almost impossible to tackle this reasonably with people because they are so consumed with fear that they will give anything to feel "safe."

And as we know, "safety" has been a big slogan during this whole media campaign. People today desire bodily safety from the Beast, but not eternal salvation from Almighty God.

Quote:We deserve the tyranny we blindly ask for, not to mention the punishment for turning our backs on Him.

A-men!
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Porkncheese
Communism replaces religion...

They replace the Church and it's teachings with their Marxist ideology which they declare to be infallible.
Misinformation and disinformation is like heresy and blasphemy 

They sense that they are born with sin which they have labelled white privilege, a false replacement for original sin
Feeling they are sinners they kneel in repentance and ask for forgiveness. But not from God, from other humans instead like in the BLM rallies

In Islam the women wear burkas, over here they have mandated face masks, the secular burka.
Wearing one is a sign that your clean, not wearing one is a sign that you are unclean.

Instead of Christ being their saviour it's the vaccine... They all await for the coming of their fake messiah, the vaccine.

They've made out covid to have God-like qualities
We fear God, they fear covid
Covid is omnipresent. You can't see it but it's everywhere and it can see u
Covid is omniscient. It knows which people to infect and which people not to infect
Covid wont infect people at the liquor store or BLM march but will infect people at the gym or Church
Covid is omnipotent. It has the power to kill and the power to bring the world to its knees.

There are more similarities i just can't remember them atm
[-] The following 4 users Like Porkncheese's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove
(07-28-2020, 09:19 PM)Porkncheese Wrote: Communism replaces religion...

They replace the Church and it's teachings with their Marxist ideology which they declare to be infallible.
Misinformation and disinformation is like heresy and blasphemy 

They sense that they are born with sin which they have labelled white privilege, a false replacement for original sin
Feeling they are sinners they kneel in repentance and ask for forgiveness. But not from God, from other humans instead like in the BLM rallies

In Islam the women wear burkas, over here they have mandated face masks, the secular burka.
Wearing one is a sign that your clean, not wearing one is a sign that you are unclean.

Instead of Christ being their saviour it's the vaccine... They all await for the coming of their fake messiah, the vaccine.

They've made out covid to have God-like qualities
We fear God, they fear covid
Covid is omnipresent. You can't see it but it's everywhere and it can see u
Covid is omniscient. It knows which people to infect and which people not to infect
Covid wont infect people at the liquor store or BLM march but will infect people at the gym or Church
Covid is omnipotent. It has the power to kill and the power to bring the world to its knees.

There are more similarities i just can't remember them atm

These are some exceptional comparisons.

[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • HailGilbert, Porkncheese