Observing Mass
Is it appropriate for an observer whose baptism hasn't been confirmed acceptable or not to kneel or stand during Mass?
(07-28-2020, 08:57 PM)MWRapp Wrote: Is it appropriate for an observer whose baptism hasn't been confirmed acceptable or not to kneel or stand during Mass?

Yes you may kneel and should.
Do you mean if you have been baptized and not confirmed?

In any case yes, anyone who is at Mass should kneel or stand during the appropriate times if they are physically able to.
(07-28-2020, 09:08 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 08:57 PM)MWRapp Wrote: Is it appropriate for an observer whose baptism hasn't been confirmed acceptable or not to kneel or stand during Mass?

Yes you may kneel and should.
When everyone's praying, should I kneel in the pews as well or only when I enter and leave? I'm not really sure what my place is, as I've only just spoken with the priest about my religious background.
(07-28-2020, 09:16 PM)MWRapp Wrote: When everyone's praying, should I kneel in the pews as well or only when I enter and leave? I'm not really sure what my place is, as I've only just spoken with the priest about my religious background.

When you go to the Mass, you should probably be more observant, than simply going along. You are still getting used to how things are done (I sincerely hope you are going to a reverent NO, or a TLM) So when people pray, you may pray along if you wish (you do not need to be baptized to pray) or you may observe in silence. You should kneel when everyone is, but when people go up for Communion, you should remain seated.
(07-28-2020, 09:36 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 09:16 PM)MWRapp Wrote: When everyone's praying, should I kneel in the pews as well or only when I enter and leave? I'm not really sure what my place is, as I've only just spoken with the priest about my religious background.

When you go to the Mass, you should probably be more observant, than simply going along.  You are still getting used to how things are done (I sincerely hope you are going to a reverent NO, or a TLM)  So when people pray, you may pray along if you wish (you do not need to be baptized to pray) or you may observe in silence.  You should kneel when everyone is, but when people go up for Communion, you should remain seated.

I agree. Take a pew towards the back and observe what others are doing, genuflecting is a common, reverent practice you should be doing whenever you leave your pew or enter/leave the Nave out of respect for Christ in the Blessed Sacrament (Who is always present in the Tabernacle).
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
Genuflect when you enter and exit a pew. If you're waiting for Mass to start it's common to kneel while praying. After Mass starts just follow everyone else - kneel when they kneel, stand when they stand, and sit down when they sit down. Sometimes missals will have instruction on them for when to kneel/stand/sit. Immediately after Mass it is also common to pray on your knees. When you leave the pew genuflect.

I hope this helps!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gondothlim's post:
  • Elle19
I took your advice.