Thoughts about 2020
Thumbs Up 
2020 has already been a wild ride for sure. What do you think the rest of 2020 will bring? Thoughts, hopes, etc... What do you all think of this year so far? 

God Bless.
(07-30-2020, 09:43 PM)Cool Hand Luke Wrote: 2020 has already been a wild ride for sure. What do you think the rest of 2020 will bring? Thoughts, hopes, etc... What do you all think of this year so far? 

God Bless.
It's been a wild ride is an understatement.  It's been both financially devastating for some and the greatest financial windfall for others...

Predictions: 

Insane crypto bull market leading to massive wealth for those who've been smart enough to invest over the last few years. 

Maybe a stock crash around the election. This would effectively derail the crypto bull run.  

More social unrest

More media bans and clampdowns

No end to the Covid nonsense throughout the year, with the media making it worse when flu season starts...

Mass exodus of wealthy and smart US citizens to safer shores as it becomes apparent the country is on the verge of total collapse socially and economically.  Eurasia as the top destination to relocate.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, Mourning Dove
If this has all been a mere rehearsal for the days of Antichrist, then I pray I don't live to see the real thing.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
You're asking for 2020 forecasts, but let me say I think 2021 will be a year of abandonment and hedonism like no other. Here come the roaring 2020s, and 0 lessons learned.