Every NBA Millionaire Knelt for the National Anthem at Season Opener
I have never been a fan of basketball and most especially the 'professional' [sic] brands. But after seeingt the article below, I think I'll be taking up hockey!

Article Wrote:Link to Original Article Page

EVERY NBA MILLIONAIRE Knelt for the National Anthem at Season Opener — EVERY SINGLE NHL HOCKEY Player Stood for Anthem at Opener
By [b]Jim Hoft
Published July 31, 2020 at 7:00am
326 Comments[/b]

[Image: nba-kneelers.jpg]
[b]Every single NBA player knelt for the National Anthem at their season opener tonight.[/b]

[b]
Every one.
[/b]

[b]
They are millionaires who hate their country.
[/b]

[b]Some held up the black power fist.[/b]

The Chi-Coms would be pleased.

Quote:The @PelicansNBA & @utahjazz kneel for the National Anthem ahead of the NBA restart. pic.twitter.com/TCFolP06HM
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) July 30, 2020

[b]While every NBA player, official and umpire knelt for the National Anthem EVERY hockey player for Boston and Columbus STOOD UP for the National Anthem.[/b]

[Image: hockey-stood-444x600.jpg]

[b]Every single one STOOD UP IN RESPECT![/b]

Quote:Top story: @Ponie333: ‘Players and coaches STANDING in solidarity for the national anthem🏻hockey rules🥅🏒🏒 ‘ pic.twitter.com/EMv59nzb5H, see more https://t.co/cw7yg8SOQA
— E N Brown (@SuperEB) July 31, 2020

They all stood up.
[Image: hockey-standing.jpg]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • antiquarian, mr.rose77
Ah yes, basketball - a sport made just for all black men to have a shot at millionaire-hood - somehow oppresses them enough to kneel on the court.

Hockey is a big deal in my hometown, and I'm starting to see why. I still prefer football since watching hockey on TV is aimless chaos to me. But live games are enthralling, and I just may start attending a few more just to assist in funneling money towards a league that knows when to STFU, and doesn't make itself out to be more important than it is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mourning Dove's post:
  • Zedta
Useful idiots for Nike! 

https://www.outkick.com/charles-barkley-...-movement/
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr.rose77's post:
  • Zedta
(07-31-2020, 02:47 PM)Mourning Dove Wrote: Ah yes, basketball - a sport made just for all black men to have a shot at millionaire-hood - somehow oppresses them enough to kneel on the court. 

I mean, my father-in-law calls it "African hand ball" for a reason. No surprise a sport meant to pacify blacks would dishonor our nation in protest.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Zedta
Whackjobs will whackjob.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!

[-] The following 1 user Likes BobCatholic's post:
  • Zedta
(07-31-2020, 06:25 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:47 PM)Mourning Dove Wrote: Ah yes, basketball - a sport made just for all black men to have a shot at millionaire-hood - somehow oppresses them enough to kneel on the court. 

I mean, my father-in-law calls it "African hand ball" for a reason. No surprise a sport meant to pacify blacks would dishonor our nation in protest.

it is deplorable that athletes would disrespect their nation and all it represents by not showing due reverence for the National Anthem, given the sacrifices made by men of all races and creeds to obtain freedom.

it is equally deplorable, that two posters on a traditional Catholic site would hold such opinions that some sports are required as a societal need to pacify Black People, or that a sport exists So Black people can have a shot at millionnaire hood. I assume by that position you mean there’s no possibility that Black People could have any other shot by becoming doctors, engineers or self-made businessmen. For your next post why don’t you complain about all those Foolish HR Department policies and the myth of nonexistent toxic white culture. It’s because of idiot posts like this. It’s also uneducated, Wikipedia the history of Basketball. 

That’s my last fisheaters post! Passing time here reading posts is not to the benefit of any Catholics eternal soul. 

Maybe I will go eat some watermelon. 

God Bless!
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Tax Collector, I'm not sure where you are getting that impression.  I was being satirical in pointing out how millionaire black athletes who dominate their league behave as if they are taking a stand against oppression and making the world a better place by empty posturing - when they personally are not oppressed, and they have done very little to make the world a better place.  Here we have people who are in a position to make a meaningful difference, yet they completely squander it because empty posturing is easier, especially when every institution rushes to hop on the bandwagon.  I believe Augustinian was poking fun in the same light.

In a deplorable PC clown world so backwards, I need a place to blow off steam.  Apologies if that offends you, but this deplorable PC clown world profoundly offends me.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Matthew7-7, Zedta
Now and NBA player who deserves our attention. No BLM shirt and No kneeling. Pray for this man and the vile nasty comments that will be coming his way.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/07/31/mag...r-for-him/
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr.rose77's post:
  • Zedta
(07-31-2020, 09:29 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 06:25 PM)Augustinian Wrote:

it is deplorable that athletes would disrespect their nation and all it represents by not showing due reverence for the National Anthem, given the sacrifices made by men of all races and creeds to obtain freedom.

it is equally deplorable, that two posters on a traditional Catholic site would hold such opinions that some sports are required as a societal need to pacify Black People, or that a sport exists So Black people can have a shot at millionnaire hood. I assume by that position you mean there’s no possibility that Black People could have any other shot by becoming doctors, engineers or self-made businessmen. For your next post why don’t you complain about all those Foolish HR Department policies and the myth of nonexistent toxic white culture. It’s because of idiot posts like this. It’s also uneducated, Wikipedia the history of Basketball. 

That’s my last fisheaters post! Passing time here reading posts is not to the benefit of any Catholics eternal soul. 

Maybe I will go eat some watermelon. 

God Bless!

All sports are meant to pacify. I could have said the same thing about white rednecks and NASCAR, or Football, or Soccer. You need to grow some thicker skin and know when people are just being satirical.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Mourning Dove, Zedta
(08-01-2020, 09:57 AM)Augustinian Wrote: All sports are meant to pacify. I could have said the same thing about white rednecks and NASCAR, or Football, or Soccer. You need to grow some thicker skin and know when people are just being satirical.

Agreed - sports are bread and circuses intended to distract and placate the masses.  Each has its special demographic in mind.  

Speaking of which, this reminded me of a BMX swamp festival I discovered awhile ago.  You can consider my inner tomboy country girl very amused and pacified by the footage.  Not proud of it, but it is what it is!