Every NBA Millionaire Knelt for the National Anthem at Season Opener
(08-01-2020, 07:14 AM)mr.rose77 Wrote: Now and NBA player who deserves our attention. No BLM shirt and No kneeling. Pray for this man and the vile nasty comments that will be coming his way.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/07/31/mag...r-for-him/

Why even sing the national anthem at this point?  And does anyone else see the irony that these black athletes are kneeling as a black vocalist sings the anthem?  Kind of a slap in the face to her efforts and talent if you ask me.

God bless you, Mr. Isaac.  You're the courageous one with something of value to share.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • mr.rose77, Zedta
Just an observation:

Traditionally, one would bow a knee to a sovereign or in a Church as a sign of subservience to what is being bowed to. So, in essence, aren't these knee benders, actually bending a knee in utter subservience to an anthem representing the flag of a nation?

Just a thought...
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, Mourning Dove
(08-01-2020, 11:46 AM)Zedta Wrote: Just an observation:

Traditionally, one would bow a knee to a sovereign or in a Church as a sign of subservience to what is being bowed to. So, in essence, aren't these knee benders, actually bending a knee in utter subservience to an anthem representing the flag of a nation?

Just a thought...

Actually, yes. One of the YouTube channels I follow noticed a connection between this pose and that of the Egyptian Henu pose, which is:
20200801-105704

We keep seeing this same symbol associated with the George Floyd incident:
16x9-large
220px-George-Floyd-neck-knelt-on-by-police-officer
Falcon-headed-kneeling-deity

Now, given the above definition, it is clear those NBA players are subjectively using it as an act of disrespect. But, if we look at the true symbology of it, it is meant to represent reverence to the rising sun, or Ra, and the birth of a Pharaoh. Given the occult proclivities of the Elites, this can be interpreted as ushering in a new Era. And we have seen this exact thing played out with all of this talk of a "new normal" when tied to COVID. Obviously, these players are not aware of the esoteric significance of the pose. But those conducting these events through this symbolism are indeed aware of it.

As much as certain people around here seem to hate anything of esoteric significance, we do need to keep in mind that many of these events are mass rituals.
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Mourning Dove, Zedta
Here is what I think of the entire situation.  I am tired of looking to highly compensated individuals who happen to play pro team sports as being worthy of study on how they react to the playing of the National Anthem.  So many solutions around this one.  First one is how about not play the stupid song.  It sucks as a piece of music.  And based on the American Nightmare we are currently living in it hardly rings true, now does it? 

It's more like the home of the slave and the land that is not free.  And to tell you the truth I feel like kind of a hypocrite to stand for it these days.  I certainly do not stand for so-called "heroes" due to being an employee of the U.S. Government in the Armed Services.  Go stick it.  I'm not in approval of any of these wars.  

Why do people find it necessary?  And don't tell me tradition.  We are playing games with no one in the crowd.  The point of playing the National Anthem at sporting, and other, events is under the auspices of public assembly.  Like I said, there is no public assembly.  No one is there.  Further, most coverage of pro sports on TV avoids covering the song due to the loss of revenue in ad sales for that 30 or so seconds. 

So why is this a story, and why is it discussed? 

Because it's pure propaganda designed to leave most with the impression that pro sports are important as well as their reactions.  It's not important. 

I have been quite disturbed that professional sports biggest sponsor may in fact be the Federal Government in the form of recruitment ads.  That bothers me a lot more.  

See the problem for me is that they have forged a connection with war, recruitment of troops and trying to display that they care about servicemen in the war zones.  At the same time they are now forging an alliance with BLM along with just about every other big business.  

So what does MLB stand for?  Are they interested in riots, burning, and looting?  Or are they interested in getting people to volunteer to loot, plunder, and destroy foreign countries that are "in need" of regime change?

Having an opinion on what they did as to whether it is right or wrong is not worth a lot of my time.  Nor does hockey deserve my support, nor do I feel the need to support it, since those players behaved in a far more respectable manner.  I don't reward people for managing the BASICS.  After all, that should be expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Adam Wayne's post:
  • Zedta
"The Star-Spangled Banner" - Original 1814 Version

O say can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,

O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,

Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,

In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:

'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion,

A home and a country should leave us no more!

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps’ pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved home and the war’s desolation!

Blest with victory and peace, may the heav’n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto: ‘In God is our trust.’

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

++++++++++++++

America the Beautiful [1972]

Oh beautiful, for heroes proved, In liberating strife, Who more than self, THEIR country loved, And mercy more than life,

America, OH America, may God thy gold refine, Till all success be nobleness And every gain devined.

And you know when I was in school, We used to sing it something like this, listen here:

Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain, For purple mountain majesties, Above the fruited plain,

But now wait a minute, I'm talking about America, sweet America, You know, God done shed his grace on thee, He crowned thy good, yes he did, in a brotherhood, From sea to shining sea.

You know, I wish I had somebody to help me sing this (America, America, God shed his grace on thee) America, I love you America, you see, My God he done shed his grace on thee, And you oughta love him for it, Cause he, he, he, he, crowned thy good, He told me he would, with brotherhood, (From sea to shining sea). Oh Lord, oh Lord, I thank you Lord (Shining sea).

++++++++++++++
When the America was a 15 state republic it suffered the shock and awe of the British Empire's war fleet and at that moment in time Francis Scott Key penned the Star Spangled Banner.

So

After the heinous murder of America's young war hero Catholic president John Fitzgerald Kennedy the British did another little number on us (without skipping a beat) by bombarding our American youth with fraudulent counterfeited music coupled Mod culture aimed to do one thing, corrode America, and it worked to an extent because by 1972 America was at its lowest and Ray Charles wrote according like what Francis Scott Key did after getting beat down by the British in 1812. 

But

Ray Charles and Francis Scott Key were no saints nonetheless poets do do what they do best when troubles comes so rest in peace Francis & Ray.

Fine Anthems both yet I'd say Soul is stronger medicine.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
Quote:and Ray Charles wrote according like what Francis Scott Key did after getting beat down by the British in 1812.

Ray Charles didn't write "America the Beautiful." That song is from the late 19th c., long before Charles was born.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Yeah no Ray didnt write it but he stole it heheh
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
(08-02-2020, 04:17 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Yeah no Ray didnt write it but he stole it heheh

Ray can have it...his rendition is one of the best of America the Beautiful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Zedta
We have LWWs kneeling before the US Flag.

Love it when secularists claim to HATE the American flag but worship it.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!

[-] The following 1 user Likes BobCatholic's post:
  • Zedta