August: Month of the Immaculate Heart
I love the traditional dedications of the months.  It is customs like this that make our children love the Catholic faith and want to stick with it.  How do you plan to honor the Immaculate Heart of Mary this month?  There are so many devotions and so much to learn on this topic.  I don't have specific plans, but will be looking at prayers and devotions.  Of course, the Assumption is the 15th-I will attend Mass that day, even though there seem to be no more obligations:(  In my heart, I still feel obligated and will go with that.  Any thoughts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes CF Mathews's post:
  • Ambrosiano
(07-31-2020, 10:22 PM)CF Mathews Wrote: I love the traditional dedications of the months.  It is customs like this that make our children love the Catholic faith and want to stick with it.  How do you plan to honor the Immaculate Heart of Mary this month?  There are so many devotions and so much to learn on this topic.  I don't have specific plans, but will be looking at prayers and devotions.  Of course, the Assumption is the 15th-I will attend Mass that day, even though there seem to be no more obligations:(  In my heart, I still feel obligated and will go with that.  Any thoughts?

A while back, I joined the Catholic Prayer Warriors for Children.  There are constant novenas going on, as well as a new devotion of the month.  It's sometimes hard to juggle all the prayers, but I think it can be useful for certain of us who need some new ideas, as well as nudging.  You can discern whether the prayer is worthwhile for you to pray:

August - Month of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Heart of Mary, Mother of God and our Mother; Heart most worthy of love, in which the adorable Trinity is ever well-pleased, worthy of the veneration and love of all the Angels and men;

Heart most like to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, of which thou art the perfect image; Heart full of goodness, ever compassionate toward our miseries;
Deign to melt our icy hearts and grant that they may be wholly changed into the likeness of the Heart of Jesus, our Divine Savior.
Pour into them the love of thy virtues, kindle in them that divine fire with which thou thyself did ever burn. In thee, let Holy Church find a safe shelter; Protect her and be her dearest refuge, her tower of strength, impregnable against every assault of her enemies.
Be thou the way which leads to Jesus and the channel through which we receive all the graces needful for our salvation.
Be our refuge in time of trouble, our solace in the midst of trial, our strength against temptation, our haven in persecution, our present help in every danger, and especially in the hour of death, when all hell shall let loose against us its legions to snatch away our souls, at that dread moment, that hour so full of fear whereon our eternity depends.
Ah, then, most tender Virgin, make us to feel the sweetness of thy motherly heart and the might of thine intercession with Jesus, and open to us a safe refuge in that very fountain of mercy, whence we may come to praise Him with thee in paradise, world without end.
Amen

~The Raccolta

https://catholicprayerwarriorsforchildre.ning.com/
There is also a Litany composed by John Henry Newman just after he entered the Catholic Church in 1845.

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us. 

God, the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Spirit, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God, Have mercy on us.

Heart of Mary, Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, according to the heart of God,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, united to the Heart of Jesus,
Pray for us.
Heart of Mary, organ of the Holy Spirit,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, sanctuary of the Divine Trinity,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, tabernacle of God Incarnate,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, immaculate from thy creation,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, full of grace,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, blessed among all hearts,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, throne of glory,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, most humble,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, holocaust of Divine Love,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, fastened to the Cross with Jesus Crucified,
Pray for us. 
Heart of Mary, comfort of the afflicted,
Pray for us.
Heart of Mary, refuge of sinners, Pray for us.
Heart of Mary, hope of the agonising, Pray for us.
Heart of Mary, seat of mercy, Pray for us.

Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world: Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world: Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world: Have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.

V/. Immaculate Mary, meek and humble of heart:
R/. Make our hearts according to the Heart of Jesus.

Let us pray. O most merciful God, Who, for the salvation of sinners and the refuge of the miserable, wast pleased that the Most Pure Heart of Mary should be most like in charity and pity to the Divine Heart of Thy Son, Jesus Christ: grant that we who commemorate this sweet and loving Heart may, by the merits and intercession of the same Blessed Virgin, merit to be found according to the Heart of Jesus. Through the same Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
(08-02-2020, 09:09 PM)Ambrosiano Wrote: A while back, I joined the Catholic Prayer Warriors for Children.  There are constant novenas going on, as well as a new devotion of the month.  It's sometimes hard to juggle all the prayers, but I think it can be useful for certain of us who need some new ideas, as well as nudging.  You can discern whether the prayer is worthwhile for you to pray:
I just prayed it.  I will post that on my blog this week.  Anything from the Raccolta, is ok in my book!  TY!
(Yesterday, 07:30 AM)MyLady Wrote: There is also a Litany composed by John Henry Newman just after he entered the Catholic Church in 1845.
Yes that's a great private litany!  TY!