Hello everyone can enyone help me to understand murmuring and grumbling
Hello everyone greetings how are you doing today?

Can enyone help me understand what is actually murmuring and what is grumbling to understand better even so i did read about it yet i whould like to know by our based catholic teaching i saw in bible that it talks alot about it to based on basic talk when we talk to someone or by when we talk to our self and there s problem i whould like to know that s why i hope someone can help me understand

When do i know that i grumble or murmur in my head what is actually here sin can you give me an example please when i talk to someone then i think alot about person whu annoyed me etc

Another thing what i whould like to know is this its not grumbling to say its a hot weather or its rain etc correct? it whould be sin to say further than just observation when we talk could that be based what bible teach let your yes be yes and your no no what s more of that is from evil

Last thing what i learned in church that its okay to grumble to person whu is attacking us is that true? catholic teaching
remember our lord told as well to pharasies why are they attacking him that means it cant be sin but its sin when we do it withoud a reason yet i still whould like to know where s safe part you know i really want to be carefull to not offend our lord i want to be obeyend to him

Also can enyone pray for me that i dont grumble or murmur that my talking can be better because i have trouble with talking something like dyslexia (when i talk my head feel hard like or when i write i make mistakes trouble with organization and answering quesitons following directions)

Thank you for reading
It's always a bad idea to start by naming a sin one does not understand, and then trying to understand what it is and whether certain things qualify.

The reason this is a bad idea is that sin is not a list of Do Nots. Sin is the failure to do what is on the list of Dos, either entirely or in a way which is proper. Sin is the willful choice to fail to practice virtue. So if we want to find if we have sinned, the better question is to ask, especially in the nitty-gritty details, whether what we have done is virtuous.

It is not lacking in virtue to say that you feel hot because of the hot weather. It is certainly lacking in virtue to complain to someone "you always do that!" when it will do no good except cause strife.

It is not lacking in virtue to talk about your difficulties in seeking help with them. It is lacking to just complain for pity or out of anger, when the complain will do nothing good.

Certainly, some actions (e.g. fornication) are so clearly wrong that we can easily see these as bad actions, but even these are a lack of order in acting virtuously. In such serious sins there is a lack of chastity, a lack of justice, a lack of Charity, scandal, etc.

In confession, we must confess the name of the sin, but in examining our conscience and actions, the better method to see where we are succeeding and failing is to look at the virtues we are called to practice, and whether we are doing this. This is far better at pursuing Christian Perfection than a list of Do Nots, which we can easily truncate to just serious sins, or explain away, and then pride ourselves that we've not done anything on that list.

So better than asking is X the sin of Y, we should ask, is X virtuous. If not, do not do it. If yes, do it.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Ambrosiano, HailGilbert