Being CO-ntrolled!
Exclamation 
So this morning I woke up happy and excited, because in one week from today, I have had a trip to Denver, to go visit my daughter whom I haven't seen in a year and a half, all planned and paid for. But when I opened my phone this morning, I saw this:

Quote:
Quote:All visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, who do not meet an exemption, are required to:
Quote:
  • Complete the [b]Massachusetts Travel Form [/b]prior to arrival, unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Department of Public Health.

• Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
Quote:If your COVID-19 test result has not been received prior to arrival, visitors, and residents must quarantine until they receive a negative test result.
Failure to comply may result in a [b]$500 fine per day[/b].

That would mean that, after taking 4 days off of work to make this trip, I would have to then take another 14 days off of work, which I cannot afford.

Also, I would not take a test and risk a false positive, which would extend my quarantine, as well as open up all of my clients to contact tracing.

So I really have to cancel this trip, after working 7 days a week to save up and get ready for it. 

AND TODAY I saw that a contact tracing app has been installed on my phone, without my permission. 

I think everyone's phones have received one. 

Is it not TOO OBVIOUS what's going on here?????

I spoke with my sister, who is a doctor and works in nursing homes, and she fully believes that this is all well and good and necessary and only being done for our safety and that the vaccine is going to be wonderful etc etc and soon all of our freedoms and "conveniences" will be restored. 

SERIOUSLY???  

No, I don't think so.
[-] The following 3 users Like Margaret-Mary's post:
  • antiquarian, Mourning Dove, Zedta
What's this contact tracing app?
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
(08-01-2020, 02:41 PM)Augustinian Wrote: What's this contact tracing app?

Quote:Google, Apple COVID-19 contact tracing apps to roll out in 'coming weeks' in US
Public health authorities have already created apps in 16 countries and regions using tools Google developed with Apple, Google says.
[img=0x36]https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/IPX6puBQk3w_nV8d3EXwrj3etTQ=/84x84/2019/05/24/95070f2d-43ac-446e-a446-7dd16aca6dc7/cliffordcolby.jpg[/img]
Clifford Colby
July 31, 2020 10:57 a.m.

[Image: gettyimages-1204066779.jpg]Kena Betancur/Getty Images
For the most up-to-date news and information about the coronavirus pandemic, visit the WHO website.
Google said Friday that it's working with 20 US states and territories on coronavirus contact-tracing apps using the exposure notification tools it's built with Apple, and that it expects apps using the tools to be available in the coming weeks.
In the announcement, Google said public health authorities have already used the Exposure Notifications System, or ENS, to create apps in 16 countries and regions across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
Using the co-developed tools, public health organizations can create their own contact tracing apps to monitor and check the spread of COVID-19. Google said it expects the initial rollout in the United States to reach approximately 45 percent of the US population.

[*]CNET CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
[*]The tools created by Apple and Google work using Bluetooth signals on iPhone and Android devices to detect when a person comes in close and prolonged contact with others. With the technology, public health officials can notify those who've been in contact with someone who's tested positive for the coronavirus.
[*]The two companies released the first version of the contact-tracing toolkit in May and have been steadily updating the tools based on feedback from public health authorities and developers, they said, including around privacy issues that tracing apps bring up.
"We're committed to supporting public health authorities as they build tools to fight COVID-19," said Google Vice President of Engineering Dave Burke. "We'll continue to improve ENS based on feedback, while ensuring that people can trust in the privacy-preserving design of this technology."
[*]
If you have an android phone, go under "settings," then look for "google settings" and it's there. 

If you have an iphone, go under settings, privacy, then health. it's there but not yet functional. 
Mine says "Apps that have requested access to your Health data will appear here." 

You can turn off automatic updates, but it may be too late. 

Just let's all throw our phones into the sea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • Augustinian
a little update:

I called the airline, and they did give me a credit for my cancelled flights. The person I spoke with said that mine was the third such call she'd received today about this travel rule in Massachusetts. 

I am super sad that I won't be able to see my daughter and wondering when and if I will be able to in the future.
one other note...

in this thread https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=86938&pid=1422301#pid1422301
i'd posted a video wherein someone who'd trained as a contact tracer told all about how it works, how invasive it is,
and how controlled we'll be with it, but of course youchewb has since not only removed the video but kicked off the person 
who made it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Margaret-Mary's post:
  • antiquarian, Zedta
All of these apps and so-called 'health' requirements are a trap, a snare. One thing for sure, all snares just get tighter, never loosened.

I am so pleased I have a flip phone. No apps except texting and phone.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Margaret-Mary
I'm sorry to hear about this. This covid crap is just ridiculous and infuriating.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian, Margaret-Mary
Thanks Margaret-Mary, it turns out I found that same setting and shut it off a while ago.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.

"And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Mt. 10:28
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Margaret-Mary
My iPhone is now on iOS 13.4.1, and will never go to iOS 13.5 (which includes the tracing). 

I still have the iPhone, since I still need it for 2-factor authentication for work. But I am currently taking a flip phone with me out of the house.

I can't wait until my Librem 5 comes (probably a couple of months yet), which is a smart phone that won't have any of this crap on there. Then I can take a smart phone with me again.

For traveling, I want to go see my parents in Michigan. But Michigan is a bit insane right now, with all their C-19 rules, fines, etc in place. It is frustrating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mlwalker1972's post:
  • Margaret-Mary
Saw FE Twitter...looks like the Elites got an exemption.

[Image: proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypte...3bf3041381]