Being shamed for being afraid to go to church
Sad 
A "friend" of mine is shaming me because I'm afraid to go to church right now. For several reasons but also due to my current rift with my godparents is a primary reason.

There's also the issue with the masks, tech equipment, one of our priests was incredibly rude to me on Sunday, etc. I have been feeling like people want to attack me.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
Maybe it’s best to get your spiritual nourishment at another parish for awhile? You could benefit from the pressure release of anonymity.
(08-01-2020, 06:22 PM)Mourning Dove Wrote: Maybe it’s best to get your spiritual nourishment at another parish for awhile?  You could benefit from the pressure release of anonymity.
I don't know of a parish where I can receive that...
I'm not gonna try to answer your quandary, but perhaps, how I answered mine may help you.

In my Diocese, the bishop issued a decree that his diocese members need not attend Mass due to the virus and that there would be no sin of omission doing so. That decree still is in force.

Our Parish opened up Mass again, some weeks ago, but with masks and social distancing. I stayed away, for quite some time. I just couldn't bring myself to go and see the spectical of all this nonsensical drama being carried out and for no good, provable reason.

I have been around a long time, I have seen many changes in the Church, some of which made me leave for a number of years. I still yearn for the preVat II Church, and having witnessed the tearing out of the Tabernacle from its rightful place, high above the people and the celebrants, on the Altar, at the very front of the Church, to being placed somewhere off to the side or in its own alcove and the altar reduced to a table on a high-rise, with the priest facing the people, like we were all at some 'meeting', was just too much. It only seemed to get worse with time with all the "In the spirit of Vatican II" abuses as time went on.

I stayed with the Church, mostly, being married in the Church and after having children, went back for their sake, full on.

Then this virus stuff.

A Mass I had scheduled, before all this Virus stuff came up, came up a couple of weeks ago. It was in memory of my dear departed wife Pat. At first, I felt like I was in some strange dystopian movie. Every one was so stoic, so cold. You couldn't get any facial, nonverbal feedback from anyone. I shook me to the core how far we have gotten from our roots, as I remembered them. The comradery was virtually, gone. It was so foreign so odd to me...at first.

When our dear priest raised the Host at the Consecration, everything changed. Our Lord was truly revealed "at the breaking of the bread". I now go every Sunday to Mass. If all we are left with is "The Breaking of the Bread", then I will be there. If that is all that is left, I must go, no matter all the supposed and unfounded 'risks' at being at Mass.

I must tell you: Do not give in the lies and fear that comes from those beliefs in this vast charade that is being forced on the whole world. It was prophesied to happen, and it is here. We must resist. 

This is the mask I wear. You should take the saying to heart and "Do not be afraid"!

[Image: Bwmwe2IjEdv9H_xjJNPQIv9lR-SU8FOApHmmEOVR...0xffffffff] 
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, LionHippo
Do you feel anxious, or is it more discomfort? Prayers for you, regardless.
(08-02-2020, 01:53 PM)Birdie Wrote: Do you feel anxious, or is it more discomfort? Prayers for you, regardless.
Both...I upset my godmother big time this time...I'm not certain if she'll ever talk to me again.
(08-01-2020, 04:45 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: A "friend" of mine is shaming me because I'm afraid to go to church right now. For several reasons but also due to my current rift with my godparents is a primary reason.

There's also the issue with the masks, tech equipment, one of our priests was incredibly rude to me on Sunday, etc. I have been feeling like people want to attack me.

Your "friend" should try to act more like a friend than a Pharisee.

So are you saying there is no other parish you can attend? Are there different times at the same parish you could attend Mass that you won't see those people? Is there another priest at the parish you could call to receive the Sacraments from?
(Yesterday, 08:54 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 04:45 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: A "friend" of mine is shaming me because I'm afraid to go to church right now. For several reasons but also due to my current rift with my godparents is a primary reason.

Your "friend" should try to act more like a friend than a Pharisee.

So are you saying there is no other parish you can attend?  Are there different times at the same parish you could attend Mass that you won't see those people?  Is there another priest at the parish you could call to receive the Sacraments from?
I am Byzantine rite. The Eastern canons forbid more than one liturgy. The other Byzantine rite parish that I know of is a tiny mission that has only one service a week which is the Sunday Divine liturgy.
(Yesterday, 09:15 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: I am Byzantine rite. The Eastern canons forbid more than one liturgy. The other Byzantine rite parish that I know of is a tiny mission that has only one service a week which is the Sunday Divine liturgy.

I'm sorry, well can you get a dispensation due to well the fake plandemic?