Recurring Memories
I have a few memories that recur on a regular basis and perhaps triggered by certain conditions.  Most are good, but a few are not so good. 

This morning was a good one, and for some reason I felt like sharing.  No particular reason why.

I went for my usual 2 mile walk this morning on a pleasant dirt path and prayed my daily rosary.  It was overcast with a very light rain, just a few drops here and there. A very enjoyable hike. 

I started reminiscing about an early morning espresso I shared with my team in the village of Cauterets, France.  It was early summer in 1985.  There was fog in the air and everyone was relaxed and enjoying the moment.  We were sitting outside a stereotypical French cafe at small metal tables with colorful umbrellas.  The waitress was lovely and pleasant. We were there for two weeks, attending a mountain climbing course at the nearby French military mountaineering school in the Pyrenees.

I enjoyed the entire time I was there but this particular moment stuck with me for some reason. 

Funny how certain memories stick with you more than others.
[-] The following 3 users Like jack89's post:
  • Ambrosiano, Mourning Dove, olorin12
(08-02-2020, 12:27 PM)jack89 Wrote: I have a few memories that recur on a regular basis and perhaps triggered by certain conditions.  Most are good, but a few are not so good. 

This morning was a good one, and for some reason I felt like sharing.  No particular reason why.

I went for my usual 2 mile walk this morning on a pleasant dirt path and prayed my daily rosary.  It was overcast with a very light rain, just a few drops here and there. A very enjoyable hike. 

I started reminiscing about an early morning espresso I shared with my team in the village of Cauterets, France.  It was early summer in 1985.  There was fog in the air and everyone was relaxed and enjoying the moment.  We were sitting outside a stereotypical French cafe at small metal tables with colorful umbrellas.  The waitress was lovely and pleasant. We were there for two weeks, attending a mountain climbing course at the nearby French military mountaineering school in the Pyrenees.

I enjoyed the entire time I was there but this particular moment stuck with me for some reason. 

Funny how certain memories stick with you more than others.

Thanks for sharing that memory.  Sounds like a lovely time.  Sometimes, these memories and experiences are so joyful, and you happen to be in a place with just the right smell, look, sounds, and in the company of certain people, that it feels like a glimpse of heaven.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • jack89