Any FE users on the Central Coast of California?
Just curious if any of my fellow users here come from around these parts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SimplyCatholic333's post:
  • ServusDei
Not exactly, but my sister lives in Morro Bay.
(08-15-2020, 04:28 AM)Ambrosiano Wrote: Not exactly, but my sister lives in Morro Bay.

That's a beautiful area.  My family lives in Lompoc, in Santa Barbara county.  I was just trying to reach out and see if any regular users were in my general area to try and plan stuff for after Covid (like getting families together to petition parishes to invite FSSP, ICKSP, IBP, etc or to have diocesan priests learn the Latin Mass).  Had a decent sized group with a friend who I would identify as a novus ordo neo conservative.  Talks about loving the Latin Mass and the traditional faith but anytime we did a study it was always with modernist materials from Catholic Answers, Dave Armstrong (I think that was his name), etc.  And whenever I would try to point out errors I noticed (and I doubt I noticed even half of them as I'm not all that knowledgeable myself), I would get shut down lol.  The breaking point was when he posted a novus ordo streaming liturgy from Catholic Answers and asked everyone to watch it with him.  I posted a link to an SSPX, an FSSP, and another groups Latin Mass and said "Any one of these would be infinitely better".  Then I got kicked out of the group, blocked on fb, and told that I'm being too hardcore and that I'm turning people off.  All because Dave Armstrong some new age "theologian" was talked to him via fb and he had a man crush on him and was trying to get recognized by him (I guess).  So the group I helped ended up leaving because they all follow this dude like a cult leader.  It's sad.  Not the kind of Catholics the Church needs.
Is Wisconsin near California?
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, is the concupiscence of the flesh, and the concupiscence of the eyes, and the pride of life, which is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever. - 1 John, 2:15-17.
(08-15-2020, 12:32 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Is Wisconsin near California?

Lol no, but it's near my old stomping grounds in Northern Illinois so that almost counts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SimplyCatholic333's post:
  • Augustinian
(08-15-2020, 10:45 PM)SimplyCatholic333 Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 12:32 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Is Wisconsin near California?

Lol no, but it's near my old stomping grounds in Northern Illinois so that almost counts?
Lol I know, just yanking yer chain
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, is the concupiscence of the flesh, and the concupiscence of the eyes, and the pride of life, which is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever. - 1 John, 2:15-17.
(08-15-2020, 11:46 AM)SimplyCatholic333 Wrote: I was just trying to reach out and see if any regular users were in my general area to try and plan stuff for after Covid (like getting families together to petition parishes to invite FSSP, ICKSP, IBP, etc or to have diocesan priests learn the Latin Mass). 

All you have to do to get the diocese's attention is to get the SSPX to open up shop. The thoughest part would be getting a suitable building. Churches (the buildings) always go up for sale but real estate in California is expensive.