Fatima -- The Movie
Louie Verrecchio's take on the movie (albeit, he admits to not having seen it):

https://akacatholic.com/fatima-the-movie/
I have only just discovered this, and will endeavour to watch it.
Watched it last night.

Better than I expected. Most everything I liked the least were all the unnecessary additions. No need to keep cutting to modern day with the meta narrative between the atheist writer and and Sr Lucia. No need to make up a fake older brother to Lucia fighting in WWI. 

I liked that they showed the vision of hell and the mysterious prophetic vision, but the movie made it seem like the latter was somehow tied to the prediction of WWII. Production value very good and acting was definitely far better than what you find in Hallmark style Christian movies.

I just don’t get why they didn’t do all the visits from Mary as exactly as we know they happened. No St Michael, no Holy Family, etc. The entire point of the movie is the visits from Mary. Do them as accurately as possible.

Also the actress for Our Lady was alright. She seemed semi creepy and not very regal.

It was still a good watch, but my brain just doesn’t get the point in telling a half fiction version of a very important true story.
Ave Christus Rex!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Some Guy's post:
  • Evangelium
The movie is on netflix and I watched it. It was nice but I thought they missed an opportunity to show the miracle of the sun. The actress who played the Blessed Virgin was very attractive and had a kind and motherly air. I liked it, but I didn't love it.
It's been a while since I saw it, but as I recall it missed the mark. Not only did they not tell the most important part, which was the Request of the Blessed Virgin for the Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart, but the story also invented a lot fluff. Two thumbs down.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • HailGilbert
(01-17-2021, 01:38 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Watched it last night.

Better than I expected. Most everything I liked the least were all the unnecessary additions. No need to keep cutting to modern day with the meta narrative between the atheist writer and and Sr Lucia. No need to make up a fake older brother to Lucia fighting in WWI. 

I liked that they showed the vision of hell and the mysterious prophetic vision, but the movie made it seem like the latter was somehow tied to the prediction of WWII. Production value very good and acting was definitely far better than what you find in Hallmark style Christian movies.

I just don’t get why they didn’t do all the visits from Mary as exactly as we know they happened. No St Michael, no Holy Family, etc. The entire point of the movie is the visits from Mary. Do them as accurately as possible.

Also the actress for Our Lady was alright. She seemed semi creepy and not very regal.

It was still a good watch, but my brain just doesn’t get the point in telling a half fiction version of a very important true story.

Lucia did have an older brother named Manuel who was born in 1895 and died in 1977. 
I really enjoyed the movie. I think the thing we have to consider is that it's a film, not a documentary. To say that it didn't include everything and that makes it less than is like saying The Passion of the Christ isn't good because it didn't show every single thing that happened in the crucifixion in real time. Artistic choices have to made when making films like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LucyJoan's post:
  • jovan66102
I finally got around to watching it last night. While it isn't my favorite Catholic movie by a long shot, I found a lot to enjoy and thought it was superior to the 1950s film adaptation. The vision of hell was very startling, as was that of the bishop in white. I thought it was well-shot and acted, albeit a little too melodramatic at times.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
I need to see this!