Let's have a potluck
Star 
I will bring the tuna-noodle salad and the rest of the fixings, you guys bring whatever you want.

I was also thinking of bringing some soda if you guys wish for me to.

I have a story to tell from my childhood. So one day, many years ago, my father took me fishing. But I was the one catching all of the fish, even though I had a childish rod I still caught most of the fish, but I had great fun and I enjoyed myself immensely. Fishing was an activity I enjoyed when I was a youngster.

So do any of you go fishing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deanerenata32's post:
  • LionHippo
I do indeed fish.  I enjoy bass fishing in some of the rivers near me, and I love fly fishing for trout, although I haven't had time to do that in a few years.

As far as a potluck, I'm bringing hickory smoked pulled pork and beer.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • LionHippo
It's been many years since I've gone fishing, but I used to love it. I'd like to go again.

It's relaxing (as long as you have good mosquito repellent), and now I appreciate the Biblical connection to fishing as well.
(08-28-2020, 10:36 PM)LionHippo Wrote: It's been many years since I've gone fishing, but I used to love it.  I'd like to go again. 

It's relaxing (as long as you have good mosquito repellent), and now I appreciate the Biblical connection to fishing as well.

Me too. Not since I was a kid. Happy memories. I'd like to go again, too. There's a place I could go not far from here. I have no equipment, though.

ETA: I've got worms, though. Lots of worms. I've got a worm farm.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • LionHippo
I took advantage of this past weekend to get out and fly fish.  Caught two little trout and released them.  On Monday I smoked a pork shoulder.  Delicious.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Seems like we are low on dessert. I will bring banana bread then :)

My dad loves fishing, so when I was growing up, I fished a lot too. Some of my best memories with my dad are quiet mornings watching the sun come up over the pond in his little boat. If you folks are familiar with professional angler Jimmy Houston, I attended a couple of his fishing clinics for kids and got to meet him. One of his trademark quirks is that he kisses the fish he catches.