John's apocolpse
Forgive my spelling

The catechism doesn't make it clear

At one point is it too late for someone in these times

I mean, at what point is it too late to seek sanctifying grace, is it too late the moment you see Jesus in the cloudes, is it the seal opened before this. Is it at the last trumpet when the dead is raised???

Nothing is clear and i'm hearing all sorts of things from different people, Jesus said to look for blood moons and to go to the mountains when you see something pagan in a holy place

I dont get it
I'd suggest reading 678-9 and 1021-2 in the Catechism.

678-9: https://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P1W.HTM
1021-2: https://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P2L.HTM

As I understand these paragraphs, God knows our hearts better then we do. He knows whatever lies behind our motivations, fears, etc. Do we love God and our fellow man and demonstrate it through our lives...or are we only looking to keep ourselves out of Hell by making a craven gamble that God might let us squeak by and let us in Heaven? Sure, deathbed confessions happen all the time and I'm sure most are sincere: facing death usually makes one take an inventory of their life and bring to mind all the mistakes, failures, pain & suffering we might have caused others, etc.

Being a former evangelical protestant, I used to desperately cling to the magical thinking of the "confess Jesus as your personal Lord & Savior" and you're instantly saved no matter the circumstance and no matter what you do with your life afterwards. Just say the words, and you're saved.

The respond to the last part of your question: as a former evangelical, I also used to buy into the whole Rapture clap-trap. So, I was more obsessed with looking for the Signs of the coming Tribulation and whatever than I was of actually living a Christian life and addressing my personal sinfulness on a daily basis. The idea that, once I recognized a Sign...then it was time to start being a good a person as I could be since the Sign let me know that God was coming soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like BPD_STL's post:
  • Ambrosiano, Monachos
(09-04-2020, 06:44 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: Forgive my spelling

The catechism doesn't make it clear

At one point is it too late for someone in these times

I mean, at what point is it too late to seek sanctifying grace, is it too late the moment you see Jesus in the cloudes, is it the seal opened before this. Is it at the last trumpet when the dead is raised???

Nothing is clear and i'm hearing all sorts of things from different people, Jesus said to look for blood moons and to go to the mountains when you see something pagan in a holy place

I dont get it

The time to seek the grace of God is right now.  Are you waiting for something?  Do your best to be Christ-like every single day, to be a saint.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • HailGilbert, Monachos
Peter, are you worried about your family or friends?

Remember, ultimately their conversion is in God's hands.

Try reading this: https://www.fisheaters.com/evangelizing.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gondothlim 2's post:
  • HailGilbert