What I admire about Catholicism as a non-Catholic.
I've recently started to take a greater interest in Catholicism recently, and one thing I admire is how much the religion encourages people to seek out God and the Truth as much as possible. I feel like a lot of protestant churches like evangelism for example are just glorified life coach sermon and a concert that is backed up by biblical references. I don't have anything against, I just feel like these types of churches are obviously more welcoming and easily accessible to people. Catholicism is obviously a lot more intimidating to most prospective converts, largely because the theocracy is so deep and the traditions and structure trace all the way back to the 12 apostles in the book of acts. But that's what I really admire about it, as people should be constantly seeking God, and have a burning desire to seek the truth, and I think the Catholic church does a really good job of encouraging that. cheapest cbd
[-] The following 5 users Like viniebenet3's post:
  • Augustinian, Dave Parrott, HailGilbert, Momarchist, Mourning Dove
Glad to have you. Please stick around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dave Parrott's post:
  • HailGilbert
(09-09-2020, 01:18 PM)viniebenet3 Wrote: I've recently started to take a greater interest in Catholicism recently, and one thing I admire is how much the religion encourages people to seek out God and the Truth as much as possible. I feel like a lot of protestant churches like evangelism for example are just glorified life coach sermon and a concert that is backed up by biblical references. I don't have anything against, I just feel like these types of churches are obviously more welcoming and easily accessible to people. Catholicism is obviously a lot more intimidating to most prospective converts, largely because the theocracy is so deep and the traditions and structure trace all the way back to the 12 apostles in the book of acts. But that's what I really admire about it, as people should be constantly seeking God, and have a burning desire to seek the truth, and I think the Catholic church does a really good job of encouraging that.

There is really so much to learn. It is really God's Church and He is infinite. I feel sometimes like, "Man, maybe I should just be being baptized right now, since I "get it" now." But I have heard conversion referred to as a lifelong process. Our understanding and love will always grow deeper. I am glad you are here too! :-)
Welcome, and I hope you find what you are seeking here. I will go out on a limb and say that while we may have our family squabbles on here, it is motivated by the best intentions. So I hope that doesn't turn you off to anything. Please feel free to ask questions.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out what Vox has written on the main site specifically for Protestants: https://www.fisheaters.com/responses.html
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"In my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and found him not. I will rise, and will go about the city: in the streets and the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and I found him not.The watchmen who keep the city, found me: Have you seen him, whom my soul loveth? When I had a little passed by them, I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him: and I will not let him go, till I bring him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that bore me." - Cant. 3:1-4
(09-09-2020, 01:18 PM)viniebenet3 Wrote: I feel like a lot of protestant churches like evangelism for example are just glorified life coach sermon and a concert that is backed up by biblical references. I don't have anything against, I just feel like these types of churches are obviously more welcoming and easily accessible to people. 

This was exactly the experience I had that left me feeling very empty.  I went to church as a child because my mom made me but then stopped for much of my adult life.  Even when I went back it still felt empty.  Sing for a bit then listen to a preacher go on for forty five minutes dissecting a few Bible verses according to his own interpretation.  

Mass is now the highlight of my week and what I look forward to.  Every day I learn something new about Catholicism and I have not even scratched the surface.  Please continue with all of your heart and effort to discover the truth.  If you are open and honest with yourself I guarantee you will find it in the Bride of Christ, the Catholic Church.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bushum's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove