Prayers Answered: We Are Going Home!
I just want to post here and thank St. Joseph and all the saints, and all you wonderful folks here who have prayed for us during the difficult times we've been through lately. Long story short, my husband has decided that the horse industry is not for him, and he accepted a job back in my home state in the Midwest just minutes away from my parents' house. Yes, we are leaving Texas and going home, finally! Neither of us have been happy down here so far away from family, and the cutthroat horse industry and the immoral and (quite frankly) evil people in it have left us exhausted and eager to move on to a simpler life with less drama. 

So many amazing things have happened in the past few weeks, including the drastic reduction of the debt we owed (I complained about that in a previous post). Hubby finally saw the light and we downsized dramatically, selling our Silverado and our Malibu back to the dealership and paying off the difference. Now we only have one car that is paid for and we have so much more freedom! $57k worth of debt paid off in less than two weeks! 

Through St. Joseph's intercession, my husband was able to find a high-paying job and we were able to secure a house (yes, a house!) for a dirt-cheap rental price. Everything is finally turning around for us, and while we aren't out of the woods yet, we are both so overwhelmed with gratitude as well as a sense of peace that we are finally doing the right thing. 

God bless you all! St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pray for Us!
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 9 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • Augustinian, Catherine, Dave Parrott, Elle19, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove, ServusDei, Steven, Zedta
I am happy for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dave Parrott's post:
  • HailGilbert, SacraCor714
This makes my day! This is fantastic news!

Thanks be to God through Our Lady and especially Saint Joseph!

Congratulations to you and your family!
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes HailGilbert's post:
  • SacraCor714
Happy to hear for you! Wow! I can't even secure a house and I have a high-paying job, but I have a lot of Student Loan debt and I dread adding more, so that's probably why I don't have a house hahaha!

Where in the MidWest are you going back to? I'm glad you mentioned about Texas not being for you. I thought about Texas when I was younger, I lived in NYC for a time, but never the South. I'm quite happy being a Midwesterner as I have been one pretty much my entire life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SacraCor714
We are going back to Minnesota, where I was born. Complete 180 from Texas but it will be a welcome change! I’ve been stuck in a tiny apartment with a baby for the past 6 months because it is literally too hot to step outside. It never cools down here, even at night.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
Several years ago I had to travel to Texas for business. Lubbock, of all places. When I walked out of the airport to meet my ride, I still vividly remember the heat hitting me like a ton of bricks. And this was in the middle of October. I couldn't imagine what the summers must've been like.

Add to that, for the longest time, my wife had been bugging me to move to Texas. No particular reason other than it was different. Last year she took a small vacation with a friend who lived in the DFW area. She stayed with her friend for a couple of days. The heat, along with how far apart everything is, was enough to change her mind about living in Texas. Granted, I haven't spent too much time there, but I do like DFW.

I think Austin (or at least Luckenbach) would've been fun to live in during the 70's with "Willie & the Boys." But I'm also happy living in the northern climes.

In any event, good to hear you're coming home. Best of luck.
(09-11-2020, 10:13 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: We are going back to Minnesota, where I was born. Complete 180 from Texas but it will be a welcome change! I’ve been stuck in a tiny apartment with a baby for the past 6 months because it is literally too hot to step outside. It never cools down here, even at night.

Haha weird! I'm actually moving out of Minnesota after I just got here last year. MN is just too liberal for my tastes (originally from Ohio).

So I'm hopping across the St Croix River over to Wisconsin, and I'm moving out because like you I'm stuck in a tiny 1bdrm apartment and I need another room for my future baby.