Archbishop Viganò: Is Vatican II “Untouchable”?
Perhaps one of the few good things to come out of the reign of Francis is the point of no return that we might have crossed.  At this point, I think there's no returning to the conservative NO option.  Francis has made changes that are probably impossible to reconcile with Catholicism, from allowing unrepentant adulterous Catholics to receive Holy Communion to declaring 2,000-year-old Catholic teaching on the death penalty to be false.  I'm not convinced by any of the attempts to reconcile those teachings of Francis with Catholicism.  The attempts are weak at best.  They're as bad as the attempts to reconcile Dignitatis Humanae with the Church's traditional teachings on religious toleration.  It is just my opinion but I think that Vatican II, since parts of it contradict Catholic teaching, cannot be an authoritative ecumenical council and can, like the Council of Philippopolis or the Cadaver Synod, be set aside.  And Francis might have, with no intention of doing so, set the course for this to finally happen.  There's no appealing to the texts of the Vatican II Super-Council to condemn his teachings.  At best, there's too much ambiguity and his apologists can pick and choose the parts that suit their apology.  Just as Pope Honorius I was anathematized for his weak, conciliatory attitude toward Monothelitism, so too, do I think, the entire Second Vatican Council will be anathematized for weak, conciliatory teachings to a modern world enamored with its sins and sense of self-importance.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archbishop Viganò: Is Vatican II “Untouchable”? - by SeekerofChrist - 09-28-2020, 01:56 PM