Archbishop Viganò: Is Vatican II “Untouchable”?
It is untouchable in the sense that reversion would cause a massive schism where probably 80% of the "faithful" will breakaway to form the Modernist Catholic Chuch.
(10-03-2020, 07:58 PM)Bombero Wrote: It is untouchable in the sense that reversion would cause a massive schism where probably 80% of the "faithful" will breakaway to form the Modernist Catholic Chuch.
So be it then. Better to finally sever the heretics from the True Church than to limp along in utter confusion.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten, jovan66102, SeekerofChrist
(10-03-2020, 09:39 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 07:58 PM)Bombero Wrote: It is untouchable in the sense that reversion would cause a massive schism where probably 80% of the "faithful" will breakaway to form the Modernist Catholic Chuch.
So be it then. Better to finally sever the heretics from the True Church than to limp along in utter confusion.

I find myself in agreement with this sentiment.  It will be a painful and bitter process but a necessary one, I think.  The heretics and liberals in the Church will not be converted by "dialogue" or "accompaniment" or whatever the latest name is for lukewarm teaching and preaching.  Perhaps the stark choice of remaining true to the Faith or following Vatican II in a schismatic "church" might just cause a few (and probably only a few) to awaken from their stupor and realize the errors of the last 60 years.  And, regardless, the Church can finally begin to recover from this dark period.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 4 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, austenbosten, jovan66102

Quality not quantity sums it up!
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MyLady's post:
  • Augustinian
(10-03-2020, 07:58 PM)Bombero Wrote: It is untouchable in the sense that reversion would cause a massive schism where probably 80% of the "faithful" will breakaway to form the Modernist Catholic cChurch.
 To be more precise...
[-] The following 2 users Like Bushum's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten
(10-03-2020, 09:46 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:

I find myself in agreement with this sentiment.  It will be a painful and bitter process but a necessary one, I think.  The heretics and liberals in the Church will not be converted by "dialogue" or "accompaniment" or whatever the latest name is for lukewarm teaching and preaching.  Perhaps the stark choice of remaining true to the Faith or following Vatican II in a schismatic "church" might just cause a few (and probably only a few) to awaken from their stupor and realize the errors of the last 60 years.  And, regardless, the Church can finally begin to recover from this dark period.

Well we can look at the Old "Catholics" and Anglican/Episcopalians to get an idea of how it would fare...I'd give it 50 years tops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
(10-05-2020, 12:50 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Well we can look at the Old "Catholics" and Anglican/Episcopalians to get an idea of how it would fare...I'd give it 50 years tops.

I think that's about right.  The liberals/modernists might leave with something like a super-majority of current Catholics but, given the anemic birth rates and general lack of interest in missionary work among the theological liberals, it probably wouldn't be more than a few generations before the schismatic "church" were to see its membership plummet.  I guess having maybe one or two kids that you don't bother to rear in your inclusive, non-necessary path to Heaven faith and lack of efforts to convert people to your inclusive, non-necessary path to Heaven faith isn't a good recipe for even basic survival.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12