Is Anyone Here A KOC ?
(10-03-2020, 12:13 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 12:03 PM)HeadRusch Wrote: Sorry to get on my soap box, but every single person here so far has disparaged the insurance portion like its an annoyance.

I agree with your post but need to add a clarification: I did not intend to disparage the insurance portion and I am, in fact, very fond of it.  I realize now that I seconded all of Jovan's post, and some of that post might have been construed as critical of the KOC's insurance program.  I didn't actually intend that.  The insurance is good enough, as far as I can tell.  Overall, as I indicated in my post, I am glad that I joined my local council and I am proud to be a member of the KOC.  Especially in my case, it allowed me to make Catholic friends, whereas before I had mostly atheist and secular friends.

I in no way meant to disparage the insurance program. Indeed, I almost mentioned that it was excellent insurance. My concern is with Councils that seem to exist ONLY as insurance agencies. I don't think that's what Fr McGivney had in mind. Insurance was, of course, a large part of his plan since at the time the average Joe could only get insurance through one or another of the forbidden secret societies, but I think he envisioned insurance, comradeship, and service as a total package.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • SeekerofChrist