Law of Attraction
Over the past couple of months, I have been doing quite a bit of research regarding the law of attraction (LOA).  Much of it really hits home and many testimonies from people who have suffered immensely give much credit to this.  However, and I mean a BIG HOWEVER, the practices of LOA can certainly be misused and abused by those who seek self gratification and personal/worldly gain.  If you feel inclined to read one angle regarding LOA, here is a link that hit home with me..

https://thriveglobal.com/stories/my-opin...ttraction/

The LOA does not seem to discriminate between those in a state of sin and state of grace.  With that said, it sheds a huge light on the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ.  So far, based on my limited research, it appears to broadcast or manifest itself in the physical realm mainly by means of semen retention and includes the NoFap movement.  If you move the trees and take a look at the forest, isn't it true that addicted men have a sexual problem as well?  Doesn't seem to matter what type of addiction either.  If you concur with this, do you think the spilling of their seed (story of Onan) is the direct root cause of their spiritual death?  Is it possible that the primary mission of Satan is to make a man spill his seed, via masturbation and fornication, which then keeps him trapped under the umbrella of the 7 capital sins, leading to addictions, thus ending in spiritual death?  When men are facing addictions, they may, or may not be fully culpable to commit mortal sin.  On the flip side, practices lending itself to the LOA, focusing on semen retention and NoFap, CAN and DOES lift people out of addiction to a state of freedom to make culpable life choices.  

So...bring forth Jesus Christ, from Luke Chapter 5...

The Call of Levi
27 After this he went out and saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post. He said to him, “Follow me.”
28 And leaving everything behind,* he got up and followed him.
29 Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were at table with them.
30 The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
31 Jesus said to them in reply, “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do.
32 I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.”

Putting this together, does the righteous include other practicing religions of Jesus' time on earth?
..........Bueller........?
(10-07-2020, 09:45 AM)capmchuck Wrote: ..........Bueller........?

I think most of us here reject the very concept of "Law Of Attraction". Smacks too much of the New Age Movement and the Occult.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
(10-07-2020, 05:15 PM)HailGilbert Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 09:45 AM)capmchuck Wrote: ..........Bueller........?

I think most of us here reject the very concept of "Law Of Attraction". Smacks too much of the New Age Movement and the Occult.

I agree.  After more reading, I can see where LOA can be staunchly heretical.  I think I was blurring the line of LOA and effects of fasting.
Have you ever read either the Life of St. Anthony of Egypt or the Sayings of the Desert Fathers? I'd recommend it. You'll find answers you need there.