Judge Amy Coney Barrett's People of Praise
I wonder if those who label Judge Barrett as a "conservative" or even "traditional" (sic?) Catholic know about her "faith community"?

{{{The People of Praise is a small, especially insular religious group with an unlikely amalgam of influences. Most of the group’s members are Catholic, and yet its worship practices draw on the ecstatic traditions of charismatic Christianity, including speaking in tongues. The group’s close-knit style arose out of the 1960s when hippie ideals — that living in deep community with others was superior to being alone — entered Catholic life. It also has an intellectual bent from its origins in academic communities like the University of Notre Dame, where Judge Barrett has taught for 18 years.

The group’s beliefs — including a strict view of human sexuality that embraces traditional gender norms and rejects openly gay men and women — are in line with other conservative faith traditions. What is notable about the group, according to documents and interviews with former members, is that even in the context of devout faith communities, members of the People of Praise are deeply embedded in one another’s lives.}}} {quote}

Read full article here: "Inside the People of Praise: the tight-knit faith community of Amy Coney Barrett"
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
I'm sorry. Whilst I'm not buying the ''The Handmaid's Tale' by Margaret Atwood was based on People of Praise' crap that the left tried to push, I have to question the commitment to the Divine and Catholic Faith of anyone who belongs to an 'ecumenical and charismatic faith community'. It just strikes me as something that would have been roundly condemned up until the Council.

St Paul said, 'You must not consent to be yokefellows with unbelievers. What has innocence to do with lawlessness? What is there in common between light and darkness?' (2 Corinthians 6:14, Knox)

St Pius X, in his Catechism, said, 12 Q. The many societies of persons who are baptised but who do not acknowledge the Roman Pontiff as their Head do not, then, belong to the Church of Jesus Christ?

A. No, those who do not acknowledge the Roman Pontiff as their Head do not belong to the Church of Jesus Christ.

It just seems to me that such membership is incompatible with membership in the Church of Christ.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Bombero, HailGilbert
If Judge Barrett appears to not be traditional enough, name me a traditional Catholic who stands even a remote chance on being confirmed to the Supreme Court. Anyway, there are a lot of Protestants out there whose moral life and even many of their theological beliefs are more Catholic than many Catholics. Brigham Young University, a mormon school, is more Catholic than pretty much any Catholic university of equal academic caliber. My grandfather, a Protestant minister, was a far better Catholic than Pope Francis himself. That’s not hard to be, because most of the time Francis doesn’t act like a Catholic. The “People of Praise” group is too ecumenical and charismatic for my liking. I have found that these groups encourage people to put such importance on their charismatic experiences that they wander into false doctrines, and that’s a sin against the first commandment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • GRA
I never questioned her credentials as a pro-life judge. I'm just not convinced of her commitment to the Faith. And, you're quite right about protestants being more solid than many Catholics. On the recent social questions in Ireland, the 'Catholic position' was most strongly defended by the viciously anti-Catholic Orange Lodge and the fundamentalist Calvinists. The 'official' Church was lukewarm at best, if not totally silent.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Fionnchu, Roger Buck
I don't care much about an appelate judge's personal life; I only care that they are not activist judges. Robert Bork would have been one of the best Supreme Court Justices even though he was an athiest at the time.