Hosea 3:4
(10-18-2020, 05:02 PM)BPD_STL Wrote: Trailer to Mel Gibson's new movie:

'nuf said.

I got through a little over a minute before giving up on that trailer.  Mel Gibson is a particularly sad case, at least in my opinion.  He was one of the few traditionalist Catholics in Hollywood and gave us great films like "Braveheart," "Apocalypto," and "The Passion of the Christ."  Now, he's living in an adulterous relationship with some young actress.  And, yet, he's still working on a sequel to "The Passion of the Christ."  He gave some recent interview that would seem to indicate he hasn't lost the Faith, per se, even if he's engaging in serious sin and scandal now.  I don't know.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
(10-18-2020, 05:16 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I got through a little over a minute before giving up on that trailer.  Mel Gibson is a particularly sad case, at least in my opinion.  He was one of the few traditionalist Catholics in Hollywood and gave us great films like "Braveheart," "Apocalypto," and "The Passion of the Christ."  Now, he's living in an adulterous relationship with some young actress.  And, yet, he's still working on a sequel to "The Passion of the Christ."  He gave some recent interview that would seem to indicate he hasn't lost the Faith, per se, even if he's engaging in serious sin and scandal now.  I don't know.

That breaks my heart!  I love his films and the fact he is was a trad Cath.  Heck, I even watched Mad Max the other day just to get the references, and as insufferably weird as the film was, he made it worth watching until the ending credits.

EDIT: forgot to mention how cringe-y that trailer is, BPD_STL!