The 3 Days Of Darkness
Recent mentions of the 3 Days of Darkness in another thread, really got me interested in this subject. I remember my Aunt first telling me about it sometime in the mid 1970's. What confuses me a little about it is the part in Blessed Anna Maria Taigi's prophecy that says "All the enemies of the Church, whether known or unknown, will perish over the whole earth during that universal darkness, with the exception of a few whom God will soon convert"   Is this right before the second coming of Jesus ?  If this is referring to St Matthew's Gospel 24th chapter, 29th and 30th verses, it would appear to be so.
Given how it's been described, it sounds as though it may be the looming chastisement that the Fatima crowd have been talking about for a while. From my understanding, it will be like a "hard reset" for society, wherein many, many people, pious and wicked, will die and the survivors which remain will realize the truth of the Catholic faith and reestablish the Church. There will be a glorious restoration, followed by a period of peace, after which vice will return and will coincide with the arrival of Antichrist.

In short, yes, I think it has something to do with the Second Coming.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4