Sin of Omission
(10-14-2020, 06:34 PM)MacPasquale Wrote: It can plant seeds but it can also come off as annoying(in the same way some bumper stickers are annoying) and alienate people away unnecessarily.  In a time when people widely reject metaphysics you're going to have a difficult time making a good argument proving that abortion is always a murderous act.  You have to lure people into the faith first.

I agree, it is a mixed bag in terms of advantages and disadvantages.  I was trying to address SacraCor714's specific situation and her desire to avoid a nasty fight with a more direct approach.  Unless her grandmother became Catholic after the early 1960s, it seems likely to me that she has already been catechized in the Catholic Faith and knows better on the issue of abortion.  I suppose SacraCor714 could try to talk more about traditional Catholicism with her grandmother, maybe start to draw her in that way.  That said, in my experience, vehemently pro-abortion individuals are very, very difficult to reason with.  It is a tough situation and I'll keep SacraCor714 and her grandmother in my prayers.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • SacraCor714
Much of my family thinks the Democrats are still the same party from 50 years ago who didn't hold such liberal social views and seemed interested in genuine solutions instead of causing divisions. Also, the older generations tend to rely on the same familiar mainstream media that they have for decades - ABC, CBS, NBC - all of which are decidedly biased to the left. These older folks usually don't even consider other media outlets for their news. So, they're left with making decisions based on what they see and hear on their "trusted" networks.