Vatican Mints Mother Earth Coin
I don't usually link (or read) Church Militant, but they have another good article here on how the Vatican has decided to mint a coin with the image of the Pachamama demon on it, under the guise of "Mother Earth." Friendly reminder that the Amazonian Natives refer to Pachamama as a "dragon goddess."

via Church Militant

Quote:VATICAN MINTS MOTHER EARTH COIN
[Image: 2020-10-13-Madre-Terra.jpg]
VATICAN CITY (ChurchMilitant.com) - The Vatican City State Mint has issued a 10-euro silver coin depicting "Mother Earth" — an image designed for World Earth Day by Bergamo-born sculptor and engraver Luigi Oldani.

While the Numismatic Chronicle interpreted the icon as Madre Terra (Mother Earth), the Vatican portrayed it as "a mother carrying the Earth, to which we owe care and love as if she were a daughter."

The coin, issued Monday, symbolizes the earth's fertility "with long ears of corn" entwined with the mother's plaited hair and evokes "a cross-reference between past and future that becomes timeless, therefore eternal," the publication said.
[Image: Argenti_vaticano-1.jpg]

Ten euro coin depicting "Mother Earth"

Earth Reverence Resurrected From Pagan Synod
The Vatican commended the coin as representing, under the pontificate of Pope Francis, "a commitment to take care of the planet," the publication said.

The celebration of life on earth, the Vatican said, "is the project to which the Church intends to offer its support, a grandiose and complex work: promoting international action to guarantee everyone the future, the food they need — both in quantity and quality — so that economic advancement is accompanied by social development, without which there is no real progress," the publication added.

Oldani described his creation in poetic terms, referring to the image as "fertile and fruitful land, fertile and fruitful like a young woman. The earth must be protected like a woman expectantly waiting for a new life. The land must be respected like a mother and her child."

Speaking to Church Militant, English columnist Dcn. Nick Donnelly slammed the Vatican for reiterating its theme of the Amazon fertility goddess Pachamama even after it outraged Catholics at the 2019 Amazon Synod.

"On the first anniversary of the worship of the demonic Pachamama, the Vatican issues a coin explicitly honoring the 'Mother Earth' idol!" Donnelly said.

He elaborated:

Quote:This is defiant sacrilege against God. The Bible is clear that the worship of nature embodied in feminine idols is abhorrent to the holiness of God," he noted, underscoring Sacred Scripture's categorical repudiation of anthropomorphizing or divinizing of the earth, especially in the context of the Ancient Near Eastern worship of the fertility deity Baal.
This honoring of Pachamama during October — the month Catholics around the world have a special devotion to the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary — is an insult to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Penance, penance, penance!

Speaking of the challenge he faced in sketching the illustration for a small coin, Oldani explained how "a multiplicity of volumes had to be 'synthesized,' from that of the planet earth as a symbolic womb defended and looked upon with love by the mother, to the physiognomy of the woman and the smallest details of the ears that adorn her head."
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"[T]he Church is putting off it's medieval character as the mother of nations, returning again into its primitive condition as a society of members scattered among the peoples and cities of the world." - Cardinal Manning, Present Crisis of the Holy See (1861)

"At the behest of the two-horned beast looking 'like a lamb', but who 'speaks as a dragon' (Apo. 13:11), the partisans of Barabbas are now closing in for the kill by democratizing the Church herself." - Solange Hertz
It doesn't seem like they even try to hide their overt support of paganism, anymore.  This was interesting: "the Vatican portrayed it as 'a mother carrying the Earth, to which we owe care and love as if she were a daughter'".  A mother carrying the Earth...like a mother goddess?  I don't know who they think they're kidding these days.  But, I suppose it makes sense in the eyes of liberalism and modernism.  If all experiences of God are fallible, and people as diverse as Muslims and Hindus are worshiping, in some manner, the true God, then pagan deities like Pachamama and other "Earth Goddesses" are just the culturally-influenced understanding of the true God, or Divine power, or whatever these liberals think is the source of the different divine conceptions out there.  All hogwash, of course, but the liberals under Francis can get ever bolder and more upfront with their beliefs.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 5 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Augustinian, Bombero, JDV1915, Matthew7-7
Has anyone seen this anywhere except CM? Not that I don't believe it, but I'd like to blog it and I refuse to carry anything from the lying calumniators at that site.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(10-14-2020, 07:26 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Has anyone seen this anywhere except CM? Not that I don't believe it, but I'd like to blog it and I refuse to carry anything from the lying calumniators at that site.

This one appears to be partially independent of CM's article: https://novusordowatch.org/2020/10/vatic...arth-coin/

Here are some links that mention it, though CM appears to be their source: https://www.complicitclergy.com/2020/10/...mama-coin/ and https://www.cfnews.org.uk/vatican-mints-...arth-coin/
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
And here is what I think is the secular numismatics article that talks about it, I think (it isn't in English): https://www.cronacanumismatica.com/nuove...dre-terra/
- Pope St. Pius X

Thanks, Seeker. I'll use the CFN one and remove any links to CM. No traffic for them!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

It's real Jovan, and costs € 69.
Here's the link to Vatican's Ufficio Filatelico e Numismatico. https://www.ufn.va/en/home/2507-16-10-20...terra.html
Here's the description:
The celebration of life on earth is a commitment to take care of the planet, a project to which the Church intends to offer its support, a grandiose and complex work that aims: to promote international action to guarantee everyone a future, the food that is needed, both in quantity and quality, so that economic advancement may be accompanied with social development, without which there is no real progress. The Vatican City State Mint will issue a 10 euro silver coin made by Maestro Oldani, depicting a mother carrying the earth in her womb, to whom we owe care and love as if it were a daughter, with long ears of wheat in her hair, in a reference between past and future that becomes timeless, and therefore eternal.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Augustinian
(10-14-2020, 06:31 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: It doesn't seem like they even try to hide their overt support of paganism, anymore.  This was interesting: "the Vatican portrayed it as 'a mother carrying the Earth, to which we owe care and love as if she were a daughter'".  A mother carrying the Earth...like a mother goddess?  I don't know who they think they're kidding these days.  But, I suppose it makes sense in the eyes of liberalism and modernism.  If all experiences of God are fallible, and people as diverse as Muslims and Hindus are worshiping, in some manner, the true God, then pagan deities like Pachamama and other "Earth Goddesses" are just the culturally-influenced understanding of the true God, or Divine power, or whatever these liberals think is the source of the different divine conceptions out there.  All hogwash, of course, but the liberals under Francis can get ever bolder and more upfront with their beliefs.

Bruh, don't you know that we're all on a journey up the same mountain? We're just on the Catholic path, which may be a little more clear and safe, but that doesn't mean others can't get there too. Don't be so anti-ecumenical!

Edit: € 69 for a €10 coin? I'm not one for commemorative coins, but that's outrageous.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"[T]he Church is putting off it's medieval character as the mother of nations, returning again into its primitive condition as a society of members scattered among the peoples and cities of the world." - Cardinal Manning, Present Crisis of the Holy See (1861)

"At the behest of the two-horned beast looking 'like a lamb', but who 'speaks as a dragon' (Apo. 13:11), the partisans of Barabbas are now closing in for the kill by democratizing the Church herself." - Solange Hertz
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jack89, SeekerofChrist
You believe it's outrageous to pay € 69 for a € 10 coin? I paid more or less € 2-3 in a € 0,25 coin with his shield.
Ite ad Ioseph
(10-14-2020, 07:57 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: It's real Jovan, and costs € 69.

Oh, I had no doubts as to the truth of the post. I just refuse to link to the liars and calumniators at Church Militant. I don't want to be complicit in sending them traffic and helping them stay solvent. Hopefully their wealthy backers will get tired of pouring money down a rat hole and the whole enterprise will go under.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 6 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Bushum, HailGilbert, Ioannes_L, MagisterMusicae, SacraCor714, Steven